306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Tyres?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right guys I'm getting some new tyres today £60 a corner is my budget, I was just wondering what size/profile tyres are best? Currently 195/55/15

What's everyone else using?

Cheers
most people come down a size 195/50/15.

Check out camskill.co.uk or black circles.

Should be able to get some good tyres for £60 a corner.
Get on eBay and get some yoko prada spec-2 for 50 a corner.

Awesome tyres!
(01-09-2012, 09:16 AM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]most people come down a size 195/50/15.

Check out camskill.co.uk or black circles.

Should be able to get some good tyres for £60 a corner.

Yeah I was thinking 50's as well, just gonn.a. Have a bigger wheelarch gap until I get them lowered
If you want the wrong (50) profiles, you can currently Toyo T1Rs for less than £30 a corner.....

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?p...b0s99p1667
(01-09-2012, 09:59 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]If you want the wrong (50) profiles, you can currently Toyo T1Rs for less than £30 a corner.....

http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?p...b0s99p1667

Giving you some rep there, mate of mine has these on his fiesta hes buying a set of 4 from there now haha Big Grin

Edit: i cant find the button to give rep -.-
If your budget is £60 spend it on better tyres that t1r's.

Don't get me wrong they are pretty good tyres, but for £60 you can get some very very good tyres.
Lol, in all honesty I bought some (in the correct profile!) for my cyclones and wasn't all that impressed with thier wet grip...but lots of people seem to like them and for the price cant really complain. SRowell showed me that offer though, as he's getting some for the 1.8 lol. Smile

Edit - Mark, depends if he means max budget of £60...or if he means spend £60 lol. Cos I'd rather spend as little as possible out of a budget! Big Grin
Tyres are the only thing that keeps your car on the road and the major component in the braking of your car.
If you can spend £60 a corner spend £60 a corner.

I have 16's Pirelli P Zero's on my, great in wet and the dry, only locked up once in the very wet when I was actually trying too Smile

If you can get these or rainsports (Maria hated these on her rallye but most love them), goodyear eagle F1. Then do it.

You won't regret spending £120 extra on tyres when it comes down to it.

I admit most people have not spend as much as me or others on their cars, but this could be the difference between you losing your car, or worse case your life or someone else on the road.
I would be buying tyres that have a fat, ribbed french icon known as the Michelin man on them in PS2 form.

I use Michelin Energy Savers on mine and they are still more than a match for most tyres.
Hey guys just an update, got 55s on the back and 50 on the front. Ended up going for kumhos in the end..
U
Gotta be better than what I had on before, no legal tread and 3 different makes on there haha
Why get 50's on the front and 55's on the back? Why not just go for the same size all round? :S
(01-09-2012, 10:12 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: [ -> ]Why get 50's on the front and 55's on the back? Why not just go for the same size all round? :S

rake? d:
PS2s and PE2s FTMFW.
Pirelli P-zero Smile
(02-09-2012, 04:21 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]PS2s and PE2s FTMFW.

This! Once I've f*cked my t1rs, will definately be getting pilot exalto 2's. Had the pilot sport 2 (same tyre, just bigger) on my old car and they were epic and actually lasted well
Kumho's are fine all round on my hdi mate, nice progressive tyre but the wear rate ain't wonderful, especially on the shoulders.

I'd want a tyre with a similar amount of grip as I already have, but less wear! Too much grip on a 306 ruins it IMO...
(03-09-2012, 05:47 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]I'd want a tyre with a similar amount of grip as I already have, but less wear! Too much grip on a 306 ruins it IMO...

This ^^ The constant risk of losing the back end makes owning a 306 that much funner
declan want to buy my old beam mounts? you will never have so much fun! lol
(03-09-2012, 05:47 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: [ -> ]Too much grip on a 306 ruins it IMO...

What =\
I'm with Ruan! Amazing tyres!