306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Car refresh - brakes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well as most of you know ive been kinda dormant last few months on this site and the other popular 306 owners site.

Car has been neglected (windscreen waited 3weeks,didnt drive it tho,rear wheel bearing etc)

I will be refreshing my brake options...so it mintex for same "awesome" brand for brake discs and pads?

I will be buying discs and pads for each disc plus hand brake cables (hand brake up and can still push my car lol)

Pads - green/yellow/red/purple/indigo/violet/orange etc etc...ok i may of gone too far but what the hell do the different colours mean? as far as i can tell 1 colour wears quicker than the other?

I dont do harsh breaking and hair pin corner turns etc so just want a brilliant set of discs with equally good pads,already have gti callipers.

Any help much appreciated Smile

cheers

ben
If you just want decent quality discs and pads, the £99.99 all round Mintex set up found on eGay is very good value. It's what I have and can't fault them. If you want some more performance and can part with some more cash, Brembo discs with Mintex 1144 pads are very highly spoken of Smile
£100 will do me just fine with some £20 cables lol Smile just need to find time to sort it out now.... there will be more "car refresh" threads haha

You able to shed light on different colour pads lol
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-GT..._771wt_699

The ones I bought, great service too, next day for me.

Nope, afraid not! Mine are always black. Although I've heard some not-so-good reviews on the Greenstuff pads. I'm assuming it's just to do with the compound of the pad
cheers Curt watching them till i come back off holidays and will by buying them...discs i dont really need but if im changing pads i may as well sort it all at once as i dont plan on having the car a year down the line