306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: WANTED: Black masks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As title, want some black masks as i don't have the time or patience to do it myself
Get a set of Crystals and I'll do it for you... It's no easy task and you do NOT want to see the process of butchering open Valeos, but I'll do it haha!
Lol, i attempted before... before checking if my friends oven was big enough which it wasn't! I'll see if theres any up for grabs first mate and let you know as my headlights aint in the best of conditions anyways
What's actually up with yours, scratched lenses or broken mounts?

They JUST fit in my oven... lol, they're good fun to get apart - usually end up breaking the casing a bit, but they're not too bad.
They were mint when i got the car, till i moved and my lovely polish neighbors decided to key repetedly my drivers side Angry then a few clips broke when dumdum got hammer happy when we did the FMIC lol

Okay mate, would a hot air gun do the trick?
Hot air gun works well but be careful not to melt the plastic.
lol Ruan, remember us doing yours sat on my kitchen floor?............what a bastard they were, mine came apart much easier than yours for some reason!

NiallHarper Wrote:Hot air gun works well but be careful not to melt the plastic.

^^ this, even if you can get them in the oven the hot air gun is great for keeping them hot while your workin Smile
mark_airey Wrote:lol Ruan, remember us doing yours sat on my kitchen floor?............what a bastard they were, mine came apart much easier than yours for some reason!

NiallHarper Wrote:Hot air gun works well but be careful not to melt the plastic.

^^ this, even if you can get them in the oven the hot air gun is great for keeping them hot while your workin Smile

Just wear gloves. I burned my fingers big time trying to prise mine apart when they were hot. Didn't go back together properly either Sad

Going to buy some brand new crystals I think!
I have a set, one I broke practising, the other is still in one piece. I'm driving to cornwall tomorrow. If you meet me at a service station on the M5, you can have them for £15 so you have spare bits and one to practise on.

BTW, I used a hot air gun for mine.
What you doing in Cornwall buddy?

If you can get a set of Depos - they come apart piss easy!
visiting the mrs.

valeo's can be alright, just needs patience and very thick skin so you don't burn yourself.
What do you seal them with after? Just some silicon sealer?
Yeh.
Cool, cheers mate
Should be able to do you a set of new Depos masked if you interested, for £120 all in delivered?

Just that I'm buying a set of Depos soon to do myself can can do it a tad cheaper than normal as I'll save on postage on the lights being sent to me.
Hmm.. £120 seems a little steep, I'll have a think and get back to you mate
No Worries.
Trust me heat gun is night mare other parts cool to quick best done in a oven, like i sed before i will do it for you for 20 notes :p
If i can get myself a spare set of crystals then i'll probably take you up on that offer mate Big Grin