306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Diggers' new project (Not Another !!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right well i sometimes get ideas in my head, so the past few weeks i came across a video on utube of a starter motor on a push bike, then thought "ive got my old 1.6 starter in the garage" so the hunt for a bike began.
then my bro said his missus was getting rid of her bike for FREE !!!

so a hour or so and this was the result

[Image: 20120826_182950.jpg]
[Image: 20120826_182959.jpg]

Still needs work, gonna do abit more this weekend then test drive it Big Grin
lmao

What are you using to power it?
(30-08-2012, 07:56 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]lmao

hopes and dreams

lol nah a car battery, (2 if its slow Big Grin 24V FTW)
you welding the rear suspension up as youl lose tension in the chain when you sit on it
(30-08-2012, 08:10 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: [ -> ]you welding the rear suspension up as youl lose tension in the chain when you sit on it

yep, you can just see the first bar on the other side :p
aint just a pretty face Makeup

the mains! Unlimited power and lots of it Wink
Rofl

I can't stop laughing at this!
(30-08-2012, 08:19 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]

the mains! Unlimited power and lots of it Wink

lmao I would pay to see that, and like a 200m extension cord. #chrishoywho?
needs a drop, be funny to see it do burnouts.
Epic!
would it not have been better to mount the motor on the bottom of the frame so then you can keep the suspension?
(30-08-2012, 09:16 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]would it not have been better to mount the motor on the bottom of the frame so then you can keep the suspension?

And you could have used a shorter chain to the original crank sprocket and kept the gears?
Motor was to hard to line up if it ws mounted at the bottom and the original cranks and gears were fuked that why it wad free
Damn you. I was going to do this with a old 5hp lawn mower engine I had!
(31-08-2012, 09:32 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Damn you. I was going to do this with a old 5hp lawn mower engine I had!

Do it anyway! Petrol v Electric Wink
I can vouch for the fact that a starter motor can run for at least half an hour on a Bosch super battery. Just make sure your around when it's cranking...

/selftroll
That has got a trip to casualty written all over it.
(01-09-2012, 05:18 AM)C2K Wrote: [ -> ]That has got a trip to casualty written all over it.

+1 so when you fall off you have battery acid all over you! D: