306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Top mounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally got myself some coilees for the Dtub.can the original top mounts be
used on em or is there more bloody expense?????Ta.
You can use the originals yes, just make sure they're up to the job before you put it back together. They're not expensive
(30-08-2012, 06:39 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]You can use the originals yes, just make sure they're up to the job before you put it back together. They're not expensive

Cheers.Yeah reckon there b ok,as checked em over when i put the 60mm springs
in it a while bk.
theyre like £43 from ECP and even cheaper with the 306oc 25% discount Wink
Mine were like £30 the pair from Camberleys Auto Factors for Lemforders
Whats the best way to swap top mounts to coilovers? As i dont think spring compressors will fit onto the coilover springs??
Why would you need to compress coilovers? You'll need to compress the original springs to get the top mounts off, but you just wind the coilovers all the way down and pop them on.
(03-09-2012, 07:23 PM)HDIkyle Wrote: [ -> ]Whats the best way to swap top mounts to coilovers? As i dont think spring compressors will fit onto the coilover springs??

Never owned a set of coilies then. There is bog all pressure if you wind them right down . Stand the coillie up press the top mount down and get some one to start the nut for you wilst you have the mount pressed down enough to show a little thread
(03-09-2012, 07:30 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need to compress coilovers? You'll need to compress the original springs to get the top mounts off, but you just wind the coilovers all the way down and pop them on.
Yeah Puglove's spot on no pressure on the coilees at all wound the top mounts on with very little effort,easy really.Both now on and the look the chuffers m8.Smile
Not sure if you meant to quote me, but that's exactly what I was saying Smile
(03-09-2012, 09:02 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if you meant to quote me, but that's exactly what I was saying Smile

Yeah sorry buddy it was meant for hdikyle Blush
Cheers will look they are wound fully down anyway but there's no slack in the springs but I don't have any spanners for it will have a go tonight
Def no slack in these there's rock solid. Any other advice? There's about 5mm of thread left till the rings are off the bottom?