306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Alittle help with handling.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
right just want to say here: I was NOT driving hard/stupid.
i was driving at a normal pace, slight rain and going round a large roundabout when the backend steped out.
for some reason its started to feel 'wobbly' lately, tires are all fine, and as far as i can see everything is intact.
was it just having a moment? or is it a common problem I.E. rear mounts, Bearings, ARB??
thanks for any help
Diggers
Rear beam mounts are the likely suspect!
Check the shocks for leaking and check the beam mounts.
Mine's the same and I know my rear beam mounts aren't good... Likely suspect.
Best thing to do is just jack it up and take a look, give everthing a shake, kick and wobble, could be anything suspension related.
so beam mounts suttin to defo look at?
Time for solid mounts? might as well upgrade while im there?
That's what I'm doing, get your name on the list
(30-08-2012, 07:31 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]That's what I'm doing, get your name on the list

list??
dont make me laugh :p
DIY FTW
another project for me to make, that reminds me got to show my latest project :d
lol fair enough Ben. What's this new project of yours?
You say it happened in the rain?

Not running spec 2's are you? Lol
I've got dodgy P-bushes on mine and that seems to make the back end nervous when it's wet...
(31-08-2012, 06:16 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]I've got dodgy P-bushes on mine and that seems to make the back end nervous when it's wet...

funny you should say that, my n/s p bush has split, maybe thats apart of the problem too
It'll pull all over shop in the wet with tired p-bushes.
(31-08-2012, 05:33 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]It'll pull all over shop in the wet with tired p-bushes.

Maybe new bushes is first thing to try
jack it up, then give it afew "gentle" taps with a regulation size tapping stick (persuasion maker) if it rattles of flex's then upgrade it Big Grin
Solid beam mounts, i cant drive without them now