306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: it's all gone a bit Ed Doe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i think i need four pots

[Image: IMAG0177.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0176.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0172.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0180.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0178.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20120826-WA0003.jpg]
Oops!! Sad

What happened mate? Forget the 2 second rule?? Confused
f*ck what happened? That shouldn't have happened, you don't have Compbrake top mounts :/
Unfortunately it seems that BMW made an error installing their magnetic tailgaiting system on one of their cars, they put it in the rear bumper instead of the front Doh And of course, Sam was lacking 4 pots.

Really though mate all joking aside, I'm gutted for you Sad Hopefully we'll be able to get you back on the road quickly!
That bloody cyclist...
Hmmmmm. Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be. You did a better job of stopping than ed Tongue reckon that might straighten out?
not gunna go into details about what happened on here, red tape and all that, its fairly self explanatory, im sure you can make your own conclusions

wasnt a quick hit, no airbags, fuel cut off didnt cut out either, just knocked my glasses off and bruised my shoulder, not too bad at all

onto the damage, its not as bad as Eds, but the O/S leg is an inch lower than the N/S, and theres a lovely crease in the arch

[Image: IMAG0196.jpg]
Lower is good. Get on it.
(26-08-2012, 01:35 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Lower is good. Get on it.

should have expected that from you! lmao
Looks fine Tongue

Still gutted mate. Especially as you were on the way to mine :/
Hopefully it won't be too hard to sort/straighten out?

My offer still stands Wink
Dibs on the Haribo filterbox !

sorry to see this one banged up was a nice car samass
what are your plans ? repairable?
She's not getting fixed, Irene will be no more :'(

Probably is repairable but I really don't want to. It wouldn't ever be right, and it'd be weaker if I crash her again.
I shall rise above the relentless trolling f ny good self in this thread...

That properly sucks dude Sad I didn't realise that's why you wanted the flatbed/trailer when you called, u just assumed you'd found another shit car to trailer back to yours to sit on your drive for a few months before you sold it on on eBay lol!

Has the entire chassis leg bent inwards about the top of the strut like mine did? I couldn't quote see from your photo...
As you said it doesn't look as bad as mine , so clearly your requirement for 4pots is slightly less than mine Tongue

Did the po po turn up? Ie are you going to be bummed for a driving course or a court summons like I was?

What's next on the cards car wise?
Sorry I couldn't come and help yesterday bud Sad really gutted for ya. Was a nice looking car.

My offer still stands with the ovlov so let me know what you want to do
Haha couldn't resist it ed, was my first thought! Big Grin
No worries man, might need to chat to you about it later tho haha
Nah its bent down a bit, not as bad as yours was. Top of the strut is still fine I think, haven't looked underneath, but I think the geometry hasn't been affected.
Police were there, not for me tho, there was a grand total of four accidents on the 100 meter stretch of m25 while I was stood there, in the space of 6 hours! Highway agency even gave the rac a boot up the arse for me lol

Gunna get the Volvo on the road for now, otherwise driving my sister's shitty slow focus.

Then of the relevant ninja ness ninja

No worries niall, I entertained myself with snails, urinating, watching others crash and waving at small children lol
I'll chat you tonight about plans
If you jack the car up under the front of the chassis leg itll bend back up to where it should be.
(26-08-2012, 02:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]If you jack the car up under the front of the chassis leg itll bend back up to where it should be.

Your pikey ways never cease to amaze me
(26-08-2012, 03:00 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-08-2012, 02:55 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]If you jack the car up under the front of the chassis leg itll bend back up to where it should be.

Your pikey ways never cease to amaze me

I got skillz mate.

If it dosent bend properly back take the bonnet off and get 2 fat people to stand on the suspension turret wheil you do it, the extra weight will help it bend.
Unfortunately when pug designed these, they designed them to try and not transfer the force to the cabin (not that they did a very good job) but it also means the cars arnt very repairable. You look at more modern cars and all these sort of parts are replaceable (admittedly difficult to do). Shame pug couldn't of put a bit more time and money into developing them a bit better. Instead they were basically made as a throw away item. Then again they could of just done away with all safety systems and fitted 4 pots. Probably cheaper!
Heard about this yesterday, really gutted for you mate!
Bodgetacular!
Not gunna happen.
(26-08-2012, 03:18 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately when pug designed these, they designed them to try and not transfer the force to the cabin (not that they did a very good job) but it also means the cars arnt very repairable. You look at more modern cars and all these sort of parts are replaceable (admittedly difficult to do). Shame pug couldn't of put a bit more time and money into developing them a bit better. Instead they were basically made as a throw away item. Then again they could of just done away with all safety systems and fitted 4 pots. Probably cheaper!

IMO pug did a very good job of designing the safety systems in these, Theres a fair few people on here who have walked away from massive crashes in 306s (myself included) because the crumple zones are well designed and the chassis is strong where it needs to be.
(26-08-2012, 03:34 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-08-2012, 03:18 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately when pug designed these, they designed them to try and not transfer the force to the cabin (not that they did a very good job) but it also means the cars arnt very repairable. You look at more modern cars and all these sort of parts are replaceable (admittedly difficult to do). Shame pug couldn't of put a bit more time and money into developing them a bit better. Instead they were basically made as a throw away item. Then again they could of just done away with all safety systems and fitted 4 pots. Probably cheaper!

IMO pug did a very good job of designing the safety systems in these, Theres a fair few people on here who have walked away from massive crashes in 306s (myself included) because the crumple zones are well designed and the chassis is strong where it needs to be.

Yeah don't get me wrong there not bad in a crash. Could be better but for a 13k car, they were fairly safe back in the 90s.
What I'm saying is though is look at other cars and as well as being safe, there also repairable to extents. It seems Peugeot designed these so that any slight head on crash and the car was scrap which is a shame.
I bought a you a present samass.....

[attachment=2291]

[Image: IMAG0299.jpg]
Bit of T-Cut and elbow grease and it'll be reet Big Grin

Sorry dude. I feel your pain, my rad exploded lol
aaaahhhhh shit, sorry to see this dude! but on the upside a good exscuse to get a 6 or a derv right?
Massive sad face Sad Poor Irene!
Sam: lady garden.
Liam, yeah, mine left the contents of its cooling system all over the m25! lol
Jamie, don't talk wet. I'm not getting a derv.
Kim I know, still proper gutting!
Sorry to see this man Sad

any plans on a 306 in the future?
Fogs... mine .... how much? Hahh
Pages: 1 2