306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hello there.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings good people.

I may be a newbie to the forum but we've owned our 306 turbo diesel "s" since 1997 ! Sadly the rear axle has gone so we've replaced it with........... another 306 ! A HDi meridian from 2001. I realise I'm preaching to the converted here, but what fantastic little car they are. The last decently styled car they made. 307 anyone ? No, thought not. Puke

Anyway hope I can contribute and pick up tips from you folk.

By the way, if anyone wants to make an offer for the old car before the scrapman commeth, please feel free.

Cheers. Look forward to chatting. Inlove
Welcome!

Post up some pics of your new one! Also definitely get some more info up about the old one Smile I'm sure someone would be interested! Where abouts are you from?
(24-08-2012, 09:33 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome!

Post up some pics of your new one! Also definitely get some more info up about the old one Smile I'm sure someone would be interested! Where abouts are you from?

Hi Scott.

The old one is a "P" reg, 3 door (think they all were) TDS. Done 180,000 miles. The most reliable car I've ever owned (and I'm pushing 50, so you can imagine, I've owned a few). Shame the axle has gone as I reckon it was good for 250,000 easy. If anyone is interested, even for spares, please note the axle is proper gone - don't think it would repair. That said, if you have a replacement and have the time I'm sure it would make a decent car. It ran out of MOT and tax at end of July, although I moved it up the drive today and it started first time. Seems a shame to scrap it but time and my back won't allow me to repair it. Cambelt and water pump done last year. Recent new starter motor and radiator. Even has quarter tank of fuel ! I have tons of history, bills, Mot's etc, original bill of sale too. It's going to break our lass's heart to see it go. As you'll tell from that last line, I'm in Yorkshire. Beverley, in fact, which is between York and Hull.
Cheers for now,
Grezman.
hi and welcome grezman, im just wondering on rough area or post code so i could see for mileage about the old Dturbo and what colour is of it? oh and how much you would be looking for it Smile thanks mate enjoy the forum
hello and welcome Smile
welcome along mate,

As said im sure some one woul be interested in the car for parts or even for a cheap run around , drum beams can be picked up for penies around and swapped within an hour so you never know
Hello and welcome Smile
(26-08-2012, 06:42 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]welcome along mate,

As said im sure some one woul be interested in the car for parts or even for a cheap run around , drum beams can be picked up for penies around and swapped within an hour so you never know

Cheers, mate.

I'll attempt to post pictures of the old car. And the new one, although it's pretty boring standard 5 door with cyclone wheels.

The old tds is in "tropical" which the wife says is green but I reckon is blue. Let's settle on turquoise. Just remembered it had new shocks all round for last years MOT on top of the other new parts I've already mentioned. Oh, and drilled & grooved front discs with mintex pads. It's on TSW 5 spoke alloys.

And a bad point - there's a bit of creasing to the off side rear quarter where my wife re-arranged her sister's wrought iron fence !!

As mentioned I'm in Beverley which is about 5 miles north of Hull.

Cheers.
welcome!!
Welcome along!! I used to live in bridlington not that far from Hull!! Hdi's can be really really fun Big Grin
Welcome.