306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Black DT VNT XUD Wagon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Using the head off mine, but different body and a few other bits and bobs.
Trent - dont be a scavenger pikey, build your own pump Tongue
Dan! Wrote:Trent - dont be a scavenger pikey, build your own pump Tongue

Err, if you'd like to Skype call me and talk me through it!? :mrgreen:
Having no lag must really make driving yours awesome! Are you on an xud box? Nice spec! Wink Interested in these headbolts.
n0v0s Wrote:Having no lag must really make driving yours awesome! Are you on an xud box? Nice spec! Wink Interested in these headbolts.

Yeah, currently on an XUD box, still the change through 1st, 2nd and into 3rd irritates the crap out of me - all too long...

Seeing as you're a member of Team Orange Engine Bay - I'll have a chat to Dave to see what's going on with them at the moment.
Ruan Wrote:It could probably sniff 200hp with that, but that's likely to end in really high EGTs and EMPs etc... You'd be talking 28psi or so at the inlet, by that point you're looking at 60psi exhaust mani pressure, half of the gas is staying in the cylinder on the way out - that's why I'm considering a bigger turbo really... A GT22 would solve that, but I kinda like the way it is now, ask anyone who's been in it with the VNT, it's just instant power - that's what makes it quick "for what it is" - there really is no discernible lag on gearchange.

Oh and add to that list a rebuilt pump... My one currently leaks like a sieve!

So am I right in thinking your gonna build an engine that's capable of huge power, but your not gonna run it right on its limit so you aren't worrying about stuff blowing up? Nice to see something different. Then again, I remember when 160-170bhp was seen as the top end of what was possible, now your talking about 185bhp and keeping it reliable and civilised lol

Also, I remember when this were all fields and a pint 'o bitter down t'pub were 2 bob and halfpenny...

/old man
Well, it won't be that capable, there's no head work at all, I might do a bit of pikey porting... But end of the day, it'll probably only do about 210hp MAX IMO...
Only? lol
Well, that's what the head will flow, they're pretty good as standard tbh...

But I doubt it'd do it with the current turbo... I dunno though...
Impressive how clean it ran in the dyno video!

Surprised you're not going for more power really, mind you it is still double stock I suppose. Seems like there's so many XUD's running over ~140 now that you sometimes forget they are only 90 to begin with lol.
I could go for more, but tbh, it's a good laugh as it is now, I could go spending a LOT more money, but past the power I'm at currently, the cost will spiral and this has always kinda been a test of how cheaply I can do it...

End of the day, it's the cheapest, most efficient, lightest, best handling 175hp car that I rekon money can buy - if you're able to do a bit of spannering and don't mind the clank of a Diesel - which frankly, I actually have quite a liking for...
True, 175bhp is plenty enough to have fun in a 306 anyway.
It's more the 320lb.ft of Torque that makes it a proper laugh.
Ruan Wrote:
n0v0s Wrote:Having no lag must really make driving yours awesome! Are you on an xud box? Nice spec! Wink Interested in these headbolts.

Yeah, currently on an XUD box, still the change through 1st, 2nd and into 3rd irritates the crap out of me - all too long...

Seeing as you're a member of Team Orange Engine Bay - I'll have a chat to Dave to see what's going on with them at the moment.

320 lbft Confusedhock: Crickey! have you a dyno graph? No orange engine bay would be sweet!

I know what you mean, the gearing is horrendous. Theres a roundabout thats kinda uphill that i frequent quite often. The other day i pulled up to it in 2nd, and planted it and it just bogged down like shit. To fast to change into 1st too :|

I have a c.10k miles Hdi gearbox that i could use, i'm tempted just because of the better mpg on runs which is 80% of my driving. Do you reckon it is thaat much longer through the first 3 gears for the other 20% of the time to not consider using it? I know its just a longer fd, but my mates standard 307 hdi can hit 30ish in 1st and that always got him the edge off the lights when mine was on a gt15 ~20psi. Surely once going, the slightly longer gearing makes for negligible difference in comparison to the gained speed advantage per gear / less changes for a specific speed...
I haven't got a dyno graph for 320lb.ft, the graph that made 320lb.ft of torque made only 134hp at the wheels - it would have made more, but the clutch slipped instead and then the guy just lifted off, it would appear the actual physical limit for a stock clutch which is bed in and not just worn out is 320lb.ft, it made 320lb.ft at 2380rpm and had dropped to about 220 by 2600rpm with it slipping like a lady garden lol...

So discounted it for a graph that made 155hp atw, but I think it was 240lb.ft because I told the chap to only mat it at 3200rpm to stop it bogging or slipping the clutch, because as I'm sure you're aware, dyno operators don't understand 11mm bogging for lols....
Another thing I'm definitely going to do when I rebuild this...

New set of injector nozzles!

Worked out today that mine have done over 200,000 miles, probably closer to 250,000!

Came out of a 185,000 mile car!
[Image: inubgh.jpg]

Slight update...

Also got some of theeeeese:

[Image: 4g4shx.jpg]

Popping them in this weekend...

Some other photos:

[Image: 170483_10150883378888575_1346777717_o.jpg]

[Image: 469604_10150883392153575_116677471_o.jpg]

[Image: 333333_10150883378503575_541179051_o.jpg]
Where'd you get the bolts from Ruan?
Got them through a friend... Took frikking 7 months to come....
And how many head gaskets later? lmao
Only three....
Nice cambered seats lol
Shut the f*ck up.
lmao
^^ lmao

Doesn't James have more sets of bolts to sell? also have you decided what your torquing them to? as I should really fit mine Tongue
I'm going for 95lb.ft to begin with, if it leaks, 110lb.ft.....

And I think they're all gone now... Only had as many as we needed made and like another 5 spares...
fair enough, just the way he said it to me made me think that he had more sets Smile

lol at the theory applied there, should be fine at that I would think, keep me informed, maybe give you a bell tomorrow evening if your about?
I will be there...

Well, there's a massive discussion at the moment between me and dave of what torque they should be at... Dave rekons stock torque figures/angles - I rekon only 95lb.ft or 110lb.ft.
How much did the studs set you back?
This is a wicked little sleeper project. You would never expect it pull up next the little rattly old xud at the lights Big Grin

whilst im hete and ou are the xud man. Can i ise a lucus bracket with a bosch? I have one to fit now but has no braket with it.
Pages: 1 2 3