306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: AAAHHH NO BRAKES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so this is on behalf of Ryan@306 ,

Basically his O/S/R Drum has been p*ssin oil with out him realising, so the brakes drained them self to the point that the reservoir was empty and the brakes failed completely,

so we found the problem, re-bleed the brakes so that he could get his car home and potter to town and back for the week, 1st few days they were fine with no issues,

Then they stopped working again but the reservoir is still full, now when we bleed them it makes no difference they are still shit and now there is hardly any anything coming out of the O/S/F

Also to Add 1st time we done them there was LOADS of crap coming out of the the bleed nipples

Any ideas guys??
define crap?
what looked like small pieces of black rubber...maybe the insides of the brake lines corroding?
(20-08-2012, 08:03 PM)Ryan@306 Wrote: [ -> ]what looked like small pieces of black rubber...maybe the insides of the brake lines corroding?

Could also have been congealed oil , i still have a sample at mine lol
Piston seals? could be corroded and putting a small amount of brake fluid between disc and pads/drums...
(20-08-2012, 09:20 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]Piston seals? could be corroded and putting a small amount of brake fluid between disc and pads/drums...

Umm i wouldnt of thought so mate as the pedel hits the floor and still barly any braking effort.

Im completly outa ideas. Replace the MC and see if that does the trick is the only way forward i see from here
Vacuum pipe?
I'd stick new lines on
May be a hose that has gone or the seals in the mc might have inverted when the system ran dry. Try clamping each hose one at a time and pump the pedal up, if it goes hard then more than likely the hose. If that does not change the do the mc.
Emptying the resevoir completely will not have been good, as said you need to check the MC is operating as it should using the ol' hard pedal trick. If you don't get a stiff one after a few pumps, you know where your problem lies!
"crap" ;

poss the seals in the master cylinder have been destroyed? ============= fit new master cylinder.

use about 2 litres of brake fluid and change the fluid, take the bleed nipples all the way out if you can and let it gravity bleed itself for half an hour or so, just keep topping reservoir up. (by not pumping the pedal you are not putting new seals under pressure till all lines are full with fresh fluid).

when you are sure all lines are dripping out fresh fluid, do a proper bleed. if more crap comes out i would suspect the flexy hoses are breaking down internally and change the set (assume they are all same age and if 1 has failed---the others will too).
Wev bleed about 2l through with a prsurised easy bleed kit and its still pumping crap out. I guess MC is his next step then go from there.
Hold the brake pedal down hard, till it goes solid for as long as you can. If there is any creep, i'd suggest that you MC seals are leaking.