306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Vortex Alloys Mounting bolts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

I have got myself some vortex alloys for my pug 306 td. I know I need 10mm wheel spacer from what i have read.

But have seen that the bolts are a different design. So I need to know from you guys that have fitted these alloys before to a 306.

Where can I purchase the longer bolts from and what length for the 10mm spacer when fitting to a 306 do i need?

This is what I have found out for the normal fitment to a 206 so far.

Bolt - Flat seat Peugeot 206 with captive washer
Part no - VPE01
Thread - M12x1.25
Seat - Flat Peugeot 206 with washer
HEX - 19mm
Thread length - 16.5mm
Length from top of loose washer - 39.5mm
Overall length - 62.5mm

Hope you all can help a newbie.
For starters id recommend a 15mm spacer rather than a 10 due to the spigots having a tendency to snap as there isnt enough to hold on the 10's (hear say)

No factory wheel bolt will be suitable for this application, id recommend measuring you current bolts then adding 10 or 15mm (dependent on spacer) and that will give you a rough idea at what you are looking for,
Thanks for that,

I will take that into account. Where is the best supplier to talk to on longer bolts? And does anybody know any members I could pm for help on this. who have fitted vortex alloys to a 306 before.

Thanks
Also if the bolts are too long, they'll stop the wheel from spinning...
With the help of Kris, good bloke to email (And my car is booked in with him for some work)

The answer to my question is SpeedShack.co.uk.

They have the bolts I need for fitting Vortex Alloys to my 306 when using wheel spacers. And they seem to do every sort of nut & bolt for car wheels.
Speed shack are great.
Im running aidles which are same fitment. I'm using 15mm spacers all around. I have stud conversion from speed shack I think they're m1.5x 80mm. I needed 70mm but they only did 60 and 80mm. So I just cut the 10 off. For nuts I used flat seated tapered from Toyota. If you speak to speed shack I think it was Steve I talked to.
Tell him your fitting 307 wheels to a 306 with 15mm spacers with stud conversion hell sort you out.
It's costly though cost me £135 and I didn't bother with lockers at that!
Hi kentiiboii,

Why did you go for 15mm wheel spacers for your car?

Vortex are 28ET so going 10mm to get 18ET for my 306. Just interested on your wheel fitment.

Or am i doing some think wrong with my wheel fitment?
Iirc 10mm are ok but I think they catch a little still. I know mine are very close each side of the wheel. But tbf mine are same fitment as challengers not vortex I think vortex are the 206 version. But I'm not too sure.
Best person to speak to is chris miller(dum dum). He know what he's doing with his wheel fitments.