306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dropping my pug 30mmish
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heya guys, just got another quick question that im hoping you's can help out with.
Im wanting to drop my 306XS 30mm, but neither me or my mechanic can figure out what to do when we get the wheel off without having to bleed the braking system ect. Can anyone help us, were both totally flummoxed by it :-S
Which bit is causing the most trouble...the front or rear? You definitely don't need the brakes removing for lowering the car Smile
What? Are you sure your "mechanic" is a mechanic? All you have to do is remove the strut from the hub, which you do in the same way as you remove most struts from hubs... Pinch bolt out, spray shit loads of wd40 and then that with a hammer
Front or rear of the car? For the front;

Wheel off, droplink off, pop the brake lines out of the clips on the strut, remove the pinch bolt at the back of the hub, then just spray the hub/strut area with penetrating oil and start hammering the hub down. Once its off the strut, undo the top strut bolts in the engine bay and remove the strut and spring assembly.

Should really have to touch the brakes at all other than popping the brake lines ooff the strut.

If its for the rear then just search for a torsion bar lowering guide on google/youtube and go from there, but be warned its not an easy job!
(18-08-2012, 09:04 PM)M477HEW Wrote: [ -> ]neither me or my mechanic can figure out what to do when we get the wheel off without having to bleed the braking system ect.

Did your "mechanic" go to the same "school" as my "pharmacist" friend?
Just to note when Dan says pop the brake line off the strut, he means just unclip the line from where's it's held in place against the strut, not that you need to remove the line from the brakes themselves.
I've got some almost new spax 40mm springs for sale for a xs at the moment. 40 delivered
Surely he's talking about the torsion bars? No mechanic could not know how a front strut works surely lol?
(18-08-2012, 09:12 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-08-2012, 09:04 PM)M477HEW Wrote: [ -> ]neither me or my mechanic can figure out what to do when we get the wheel off without having to bleed the braking system ect.

Did your "mechanic" go to the same "school" as my "pharmacist" friend?

Haha, might of done mate :-)

(18-08-2012, 09:34 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]I've got some almost new spax 40mm springs for sale for a xs at the moment. 40 delivered

Cheers buddy, but the 1s im fitting are 30/40millers so. Thankyou though :-)
Haha, finally finished lowering my Pug, it said itd lower it 30mm, it looks more like 60mm haha.

ESP Lights on now though :-S

Itl end eventually haha.
Pics or it didnt happen Big Grin
[quote='R45_ODV' pid='118446' dateline='1345485549']
Pics or it didnt happen
Nah, it happened, took us 2 days like haha. ESP lights on nw.
I'll get some pics up shortly Undecided
Really 2 days ? are you sure hes a "mechanic" ?

Im a bloody brick layer and never done any sort of mechanics course and i can do it in an hour from wheels off to wheels on!
(20-08-2012, 07:53 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Really 2 days ? are you sure hes a "mechanic" ?

Im a bloody brick layer and never done any sort of mechanics course and i can do it in an hour from wheels off to wheels on!

I dont knoww Hes a Ford Mech so it was learning how the car came apart and came together again haha.

Next stop, Leather Seats XD XD
ESP. you sure it isnt a abs light and hes forgot to plug the conector back in?
(21-08-2012, 12:36 AM)R45_ODV Wrote: [ -> ]ESP. you sure it isnt a abs light and hes forgot to plug the conector back in?

Yeah, what did i say????????
Jesus, thats what i meant, no idea were that came from, yeah, sorry mate, that'll be it Confused
2 days? I hope to god that was the rear and it was seized. If not hes not a mechanic you want to be going back too
Good luck with the torsion bar... 6 days?

I can do it in an hour Wink
(21-08-2012, 11:15 AM)KrisB Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck with the torsion bar... 6 days?

Haha, yh, something like that haha Undecided

(21-08-2012, 02:34 PM)M477HEW Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-08-2012, 11:15 AM)KrisB Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck with the torsion bar... 6 days?

Haha, yh, something like that haha Undecided

KrisB, were do u live, i'll come to u ;-)

if it drops out with no problems , if its seized its not going to be 6 day it will be weeks Tongue
(21-08-2012, 04:42 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]

if it drops out with no problems , if its seized its not going to be 6 day it will be weeks Tongue

Haha, i'll be using a different Mech this time, ive decided :-)
Prob a good idea dude Tongue