306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: gonna be getting a new bike in the next few days, opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
been battering my benelli 491 rr since i passed my cbt and have had to take the engine apart 3 or 4 times in that time, its got a large water leak from the water pump that i have bodged many times now so i think its time to get rid of it. seen a peugeot elyseo 125cc and a 'zuki gx125. both are cheap at the moment the pug is on 4k km and the 'zuki is on 19 k miles. anyone had experience on any of these bikes and how reliable were they?
Dont bother with either mate. The zuki has a tendency to lunch its own head after not many more miles than that. Pug scooters are also gash. Get yourself a cg, ybf, cbx (125 honda and yammy) Or a hyosung comet 125 if your budget will stretch. Hyosungs ride really well and being v twins are a lot torquier than other 125's. they also sound relatively nice Smile
+1 for the Hyosung! I had a gt125r it was slower than the 2stroke 125's but its a much bigger more compfortable bike.. im a fairly big lad so it suited me down to the ground!
Do your full licence like im doing in a few months time and get an R1 lol thats what im doing Smile
v twin 125 hmmmm.............
Sounds good for a 125 lol way more fun than those single cylinder 125's Wink
That was mine:
[Image: untitled.jpg]
This

Epic beast
Hyosung bikes are designed by a former suzuki designer hence the simular looks to suzuki bikes and iirc the engine is a suzuki copy all be it a scaled down version. Trouble is you can get "bad ones" as they are made cheap and sold at a high price for what they are.

If you want a v twin 125 look at a honda Varadero and try breaking a honda.....

Failing that get your bike test done and start off on 250's v twins
Varedero's are good bikes, nice and strong. Ugly as fook though and the riding position is too upright imo Smile
(17-08-2012, 04:52 PM)Skank_army Wrote: [ -> ]Varedero's are good bikes, nice and strong. Ugly as fook though and the riding position is too upright imo Smile

Its more of a tourer than a sports bike hence the tall stance and upright position
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221101151076?s...1438.l2649

Got this in the end. Same colour as my shitter bike. Gonna probably put an end can on it for some sound
Still fetching good money around 4k new! When I did look at the hyosung range I was tempted by the gtr but was swinging more to the comet for a naked street fighter bike
I'm hopefully going to take my CBT in a few weeks time and try and get me a bike somehow though to be honest I'm not too sure what I want...I love sports bikes but can't see the point in a slow sport bike so I've decided on a cruiser but which I haven't decided yet.

I am torn between the AJS Bobber 125 which is a full size bike and has an inline twin and with the right exhaust, on acceleration sounds not too far off of a harley!

The AJS:

[Image: 0.jpg]

Or the Suzuki VL125 Intruder which again full size bike but with a V twin and with the right exhaust sounds extremely close to a harley even on tickover!

[Image: suzuki_intruder_125.jpg]