306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: THE_Liam - Project Beige
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here we go again, another car I won't keep 5 minutes! Basically, I hated my Skoda. It was broken in several different ways and because it was taking all my money in petrol and insurance, I couldn't afford to fix it. Stupid idea to buy it really, but I thought I'd see what all this VAG hype was about Confused

I needed a car desperately, that was cheap as f*ck to run and buy so I could run around in it for a few months while I save for a nice HDi D-Turbo, and so I could sell my Skoda and pay off my debts in time to go to Cornwall in September. I agreed a deal with a guy in Stockport for a black phase 1 D-Turbo with a Bosch that was absolutely perfect, and then made a deal with the dealer I bought the Skoda off to buy it back. Then the tw*t decided to sell it to someone else a few hours before I was due to pick it up Dodgy

That left me desperately needing a car TODAY. Luckily I found a decent looking XRDT in York, went to look at it. It was advertised at £495 which I didn't think it was worth with a beige interior and 4 months T+T, but I tried him with an offer of £250 cash and he accepted Smile

[Image: IMG_0615.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0614.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0616.jpg]

I'll get some better pics when it's not pissing with rain lol

Good points:

- Bosch pump
- T2
- 4 month T+T
- Straight beam
- Drives really well
- Loads of history
- Old boys car, 1500 mile since last MOT
- Drives really well, better than either of my other 2 306s

Bad points:

- Beige interior
- Hole in back bumper
- Beige interior
- Missing hubcaps
- Beige interior
- No CD player
- Beige interior
- Dodgy engine mount
- Beige interior

Also, I hate the beige interior lol

Not gonna do much with it because it's temporary, probably just put some Speedlines on it, stage 1, just bits I can fit to my HDi when I get it Smile
never seen a beige interior on a 306 before haha! Keep it !
Eurgh, that interior is disgusting, and that's coming from a mk4 owner! Confused
It's not the bloody best is it? Might go mad with some black spraypaint lol
That's worse than my base-model wooden plank with sick-pattern cloth seats.
Dibs when you sell the interior lmao
(15-08-2012, 08:58 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]That's worse than my base-model wooden plank with sick-pattern cloth seats.

Not quite worse mate, this runs on 4 cylinders Wink

Well, once it's warm lol
It's a wheezy diseasal with beige seats, things don't get any worse!
(15-08-2012, 09:41 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]It's a wheezy diseasal with beige seats, things don't get any worse!

Course they can! What about a primered base-spec petrol with a 3-pot lawnmower engine?
You've got Beige seats.

Beige
Gosh that interior is gorgeous I love it! Swap for my half leather?
(15-08-2012, 09:52 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]You've got Beige seats.

Beige

You have no power.

None.

(15-08-2012, 09:54 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Gosh that interior is gorgeous I love it! Swap for my half leather?

If you can be bothered to spend a full day removing the dash then yes!
I like that actually!

Oh hold on its my alter ego that's a raging homosexual who likes sex with geese in cars with beige interiors.

It's horrible.
Looks like it was originally white but someone with a serious smoking habit has been spending a lot of time in it.

Beige.

Beige.

Beige.

Hearing aid beige.
(15-08-2012, 10:01 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]You have no power.

None.

Biege.
Meh, it was cheap. Way I see it, Bosch pump is worth £100, rest will weigh in for £150, boom.
ha ha i have seen those before, only came in the real early ones . . . . it'll look a lot better with some half leathers and a proper steering wheel mate . . . .Smile
Get some Roland Garros seats and itll look a load better
Still tempted to just take a can of spray paint to it lol

It is quite an early one, can't remember last time I saw an L-plate besides Phils...
Just stick a big tin of black paint on the drivers seat and drop a rookie in...Mr bean style. Should look much better after that! lmao
As I said on FB, the interior is so bad its good! Can imagine this slammed and tuned Big Grin
I do have some -60mm springs lying around somewhere. Slammed on steelies or maybe Harriers?
(16-08-2012, 07:06 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]I do have some -60mm springs lying around somewhere. Slammed on steelies or maybe Harriers?

I've got a set of harriers you can have if you want them?
I quite like the beige interior! My Saab has one!
(16-08-2012, 07:32 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2012, 07:06 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]I do have some -60mm springs lying around somewhere. Slammed on steelies or maybe Harriers?

I've got a set of harriers you can have if you want them?

That'd be awesome mate, where abouts are you?
Got a set of lazers £10 a corner if you want them

Yeah the beige is awfull but for £250 with a bosch i would of snapped his arm off.
I would rattlecan the whole dash i mean even a bodge job has gotta look better than beige lmao
I'm trying to think whether I can be arsed, I'm not gonna have it long. Might just rock it for retro lolz, plus my dog is ginger so it might hide the dog hair lol
Leave it as it is.... "Because Beigecar".... Smile
If you're not having it long then just keep it as it is and you will get all you're £250 back if not more,
Save the modding for the hdi when you get it
(16-08-2012, 08:13 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2012, 07:32 AM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a set of harriers you can have if you want them?

That'd be awesome mate, where abouts are you?

I'm in east Sussex mate, but if you wanna arrange a courier, and cover postage, they're yours, I just need 'em gone. Smile

There's a good 5mm of tread on all the tyres too.
Pages: 1 2 3