306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: tuning module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi pugpeople , I am looking to tune my 306 HDI 2.0 , I have an induction kit to go on and am looking to fit a front inter but I want to finish the tuning with a tuning box or module rather than chipping it . I would like to realise about 120 hp and wondered if any one knew of a good reliable make . Any advice o this subject would be great , thanks.
Tuning boxes are shit and a waste if money... Get it remapped and 125bhp is achievable with no other mods
Tuning boxes are a load of shite, Connor is bang right. Get it remapped for £150, or less if you do it yourself...
my advice....wait until youve done the intercooler and go for stage 2 map.

150bhp and a boatload of torque.

you wont get the same with a trickery box
Well thanks people it looks like a remap is the way to go ,any experience of insurance hikes for remapping ? and what about the longevity of the turbo at 125 + hp .
If you blow the turbo surely that's an excuse for a bigger one Wink
Turbo will be fine as long as you leave it alone, until you get an intercooler that is, then you can up the boost and get a map to suit
the boxes are crap. Its like £40 for a map. like £15 for the cables and then you can do it yourself!