306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Will I make it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So...how big is the fuel reserve on a 306?

Here's the deal, my commute is 50 miles each way (TR15 1SS to PL15 8HW, if you want to look on google maps), and I made it to work without the red light coming on.

The needle is just under an 1/8th, I'd say, having done 680 miles since filling up.

There's a fuel station 10 miles in, but then nothing until I get home.

So, will I make it home, or should I fill up?
Go for it
It'll make that no problem if you aren't hooning, can do almost 100 miles from when the light very first comes on
You'll be fine, there's plenty in there!
Would be pretty close... Go for it, should be fine if you drive carefully.
Do iiit! Live life on the line Big Grin
If you're worried about it........get a can full of diesel from the one at 10 miles.....just incase.
But once you go dry in a diesel your pretty f*cked!
Not really, it's not exactly good for it but if you fill her up and prime it a few times before cranking it should be fine
^^^ This. Although it is reputed to kill lift pumps.
Yolo! Haha
Just fill up you fanny lol
(10-08-2012, 10:37 AM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Yolo! Haha

Twat.
Fuu prick.
Does anyone know how much is actually left after the red light comes on?
Danny says 100miles on a hdi!
Its about a gallon Kez.....60 miles. Wink
If your driving right past a fuel station, why would you want to risk it lol? Am i missing something here heh? Or is it just to see how many miles you can get ? Wink
Just don't turn the engine off once its really low, like i did the other night lol and then spend half an hour in a car park trying to get the airlock out of the lines lol
Handbook says '6.5 litres' when the fuel light comes on, like i said before just as it comes on you can get about 100 miles til empty
I meant a useable gallon left lol......if you use 6.4 of them litres and go uphill or roundabout there could be an issue lol.
Ideal, if its a gallon I'll easily make it, if the light comes on in the first 10 miles I'll probably pussy out though Tongue

I don't like to make one of the guys I liftshare with late, he's very irritable lol
You're driving, he should man the f*ck up lol
Pfft, it'll be fineeee!
Boom, ~730 before the red light came on, 59.8MPG, so damn close to 60!!

[Image: IMAG0294.jpg]
Theres loads left in there!
thats what my trip looks like if i forget to reset it after a few tanks...
To be fair, I filled up the 6' before i came to Ace and only filled up yesterday.. 450 miles i think it was?
Lol jealous that's pretty much 2 tanks for me
You only get 250 miles to a tank o.0
Pages: 1 2