306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Urgent! Laptop not working sumat up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My laptop packed in on Monday the screen went blank. Ive had simular problems in the past with the inverter going on other laptops. My laptop a dell d820 latitude. The screen black but you can ajust the brightness with the fn key and up and down. So the screen will change. So I got a new inverter but its still not working! Im using my mobile phone and could do with help asp wat it could be? Can anybody do a search on this model? Thanks

Next im going to try a pc monitor on the laptop to see if there a display....
does it work on an external monitor?

if you shine a bright light at the screen is there images when working?

i suspect the ccfl has worn out if it is it will be new screen time as they are built into the LCD edge
ccfl is a fluorescent tube that illuminated from behind the LCD
(02-08-2012, 10:47 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]does it work on an external monitor?

if you shine a bright light at the screen is there images when working?

i suspect the ccfl has worn out if it is it will be new screen time as they are built into the LCD edge
ccfl is a fluorescent tube that illuminated from behind the LCD

Ive tried the laptop on a pc monitor and a lcd tv nothing showing the motherboard must be toasted.
some laptops you have to switch between lcd screen and vga port think my dell is F1 or F2
as above plug in the external display and switxch it with the fn key if nothing this would indicate nVidia graphics problem in which case speak to jonnyb on the forum as i know he deals with BGA reballing or reflowing,

If you do get a picture on your external display that will indicate that its the screen meaning a simple fix which i can personally do or can supply you with a guide on how to do it youself

hope this helps Dan.
I got the same problem with a Precision M65, basically the same laptop. The screens blank, even with an external monitor, and tried the screen switch button. Do you know how much jonnyb would charge and if he's still does it?
not sure how much jonny would charge to be honest and my machine has been sent back but if you are stuck i can ask one of my colleagues from another shop to price up for you

the m65 also has a graphics software fault have you tried the Built in selft test by pressing and holding the fn whilst turning it on, after the colour test press yes and you will then do diagnostic self assesment once this is done then please post results or pm me Smile
Im going to sort the dell d820 soon but in the mean time got anther latop for now.

Hello Ive just bought a dell d630. I also have a dell d820. Both are on windows 7 no problems there.

But the new dell d630 has wireless problems its a nightmare. Ive got the ethernet working fine but the wireless is anther story.

I managed to get the drivers for the windows 7 64bit drivers from here

link http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/e...Id=R242438

The wireless card Ive got is a dell wireless 1395 Wlan Mini-Card. Since downloading the drivers it says the card working fine.

But I get this problem now all the time Wi-Fi catcher band configuration is not compatible with your wlan card band configuration????

I cant switch the wifi on in networks you click enable it does that but stays disabled all the time with no signal????

Im running windows 7 64bit.

thanks
First things first don't buy dell. IMO they're crap.

If you've tried shining a light and a external monitor then it's your gpu and theyre a case of either buy a new gpu and solder new one on. Or the easy solution new mother board.
(07-08-2012, 12:12 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: [ -> ]Im going to sort the dell d820 soon but in the mean time got anther latop for now.

Hello Ive just bought a dell d630. I also have a dell d820. Both are on windows 7 no problems there.

But the new dell d630 has wireless problems its a nightmare. Ive got the ethernet working fine but the wireless is anther story.

I managed to get the drivers for the windows 7 64bit drivers from here

link http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/e...Id=R242438

The wireless card Ive got is a dell wireless 1395 Wlan Mini-Card. Since downloading the drivers it says the card working fine.

But I get this problem now all the time Wi-Fi catcher band configuration is not compatible with your wlan card band configuration????

I cant switch the wifi on in networks you click enable it does that but stays disabled all the time with no signal????

Im running windows 7 64bit.

thanks

bump
Try uninstalling the drivers you have. Plug Ethernet in and tell it to search for drivers it self. You may have wrong drivers still.