306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Any Recommendations for Wishbones??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heyy all,

Well this happened the other day on the new derv

[Image: 20120728_092219.jpg]

Not sure exactly how it happened but I have wishbones on the Blaze which are still to come off and have front powerflex bushes in and looking at the new powerflex rear P bush,

has anyone else fitted these as they seem a reasonable price tbf

And is there any difference in wishbones or is it just mainly the componenets ie ball joint p bush and front bushses that vary as new one was £25 inc vat which i thought was a bargain

CJ
Cheap ones won't last at all well and are frankly dangerous.
it's generally the rubber that isn't as good quality so you just end up with play and sloppy handling again.

it's worth forking out more for a better brand such as lemforder. Powerflex bushes are ok; I've heard good and bad things about them tbh but you may as well use than if you've got em!

failing that meyle hd wishbones are a bit more pricey but they're bloody good on my 6, and I know a few others using then who haven't had any issues in quite s few miles

or if you're feeling really flush then vibratechnics bushes are harder still. Or top of the price bracket are roller bearing bushes, which will set you back about 200 but provided you grease them periodically should outlast the car!
i would get a delphi one, but thats because i drive from a to b, i dont drive it like i have robbed it and also there are no racetracks i have to encounter in my normal days drive to work.

i have seen eurocarparts cheapo ones (q-drive) that dont fit ! their lemforder arms on fiestas--the bushes rip out !

unless you have shed-loads of cash, delphi stuff is fine, otherwise you can be relieved of copious quantities of the folding stuff when following a brand name ???
Find motoquip wishbones, place in sheffield sells them pritty sure its what pug use as oe stuff.
id just recommend metal ones Wink
As ed said, cheap ones don't last long. He's over exaggerating about the dangerous it though. There all built to a standard, they just wear out quickly.
I have q drive ones on mine which are cheats but have been very good for the 12k they have covered. They are starting to deteriorate though so I'm going to get some decent ones!
iirc i had a q drive on the xsi and another make on the other side, was quite interesting to see the difference in deteriation, the q drive lasted longer than the other make. cant remember what it was though...... but been on the car nearly 8 months and covered 11k and look good still
Cheers for replys guys i think im going to stay with the powerflez and next payday invest in the powerflex p bushes and see how they go as only 65 quid and have a lifetime guarantee also

and going to look at uprated drop links also to get the length back to compensate for lowering
Id recomend the vibra technics all day long, I have them on my 6 and they made a masive difference IMO . i wouldnt swap them for anything eles other than roller bearing ones, i paid £100 for the pair IIRC and they have been brilliant so far
(29-07-2012, 08:48 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]As ed said, cheap ones don't last long. He's over exaggerating about the dangerous it though. There all built to a standard, they just wear out quickly.

They're not, a lot of the cheap imported ones are having issues with snapping clean off where the P-bush mounts, buyer beware!

You want's a set of these:

[Image: 20-05-09_2215.jpg]
(14-08-2012, 05:23 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]You want's a set of these:

YES! YES I do! but I have no moneys Sad
(14-08-2012, 05:23 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-07-2012, 08:48 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]As ed said, cheap ones don't last long. He's over exaggerating about the dangerous it though. There all built to a standard, they just wear out quickly.

They're not, a lot of the cheap imported ones are having issues with snapping clean off where the P-bush mounts, buyer beware!

You want's a set of these:

WANTT how much??
PM me if you're serious, they're made to order, but, if you cough at roller bearing prices, sit down first Big Grin
(15-08-2012, 10:34 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]PM me if you're serious, they're made to order, but, if you cough at roller bearing prices, sit down first Big Grin

haha i may be in touch a bit later in the year then, have a nice compo and PPI coming through but now ive told you this price better not go up haha, but could be purchasing a few different items if your willing to do some very good discount if i took the parts list i have to do lol
(14-08-2012, 05:08 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Id recomend the vibra technics all day long, I have them on my 6 and they made a masive difference IMO . i wouldnt swap them for anything eles other than roller bearing ones, i paid £100 for the pair IIRC and they have been brilliant so far

Whered you get them for £100?

Meyle HD is more expensive than that iirc
If you go down the powerflex route mate let me know how you get on as I'm thinking about investing in some Smile
(15-08-2012, 10:56 AM)sweeney1987 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2012, 05:08 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Id recomend the vibra technics all day long, I have them on my 6 and they made a masive difference IMO . i wouldnt swap them for anything eles other than roller bearing ones, i paid £100 for the pair IIRC and they have been brilliant so far

Whered you get them for £100?

Meyle HD is more expensive than that iirc

£125 for the pair for mine Smile
Really?
Considering the hassle in changing them and they last 4 years, they really dont work out more expensive than the cheapo ones
(15-08-2012, 11:38 AM)sweeney1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Really?
Considering the hassle in changing them and they last 4 years, they really dont work out more expensive than the cheapo ones

sortof depends though doesn't it...

The cheapo ones fail fairly catastrophically; I've seen several where the metal has snapped.... if you factor in the potetial cost of replacing your car and the wall/hedge/ditch you've found yourself half-in, it makes a decent brand of wishbone a far more attractive alternative...
I would have some meyle hd ones, but can't get them from anywhere so considering vibratechnics, false economy buying cheap crap thats just going to break imo
(15-08-2012, 11:44 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2012, 11:38 AM)sweeney1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Really?

sortof depends though doesn't it...

The cheapo ones fail fairly catastrophically; I've seen several where the metal has snapped.... if you factor in the potetial cost of replacing your car and the wall/hedge/ditch you've found yourself half-in, it makes a decent brand of wishbone a far more attractive alternative...

Totally agree Ed,

Ive had cheapo P bushes aince day 1 and owned 3 of these had one snap going round a bend hit a lowered manhole cover and send me spinning luckily on a wide road, had 3 more snap in past and then the weld popped on this wishbone but did hit a major pothole.

The wishbone isnt really muchof a prob as can re-inforce the welds if needed, but a good set of Pbushes and front bushes and ball joint can make a huge difference cheap ones dont quite cut it in performance either as very sloppin on handling too
(15-08-2012, 01:10 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: [ -> ]Totally agree Ed,

Ive had cheapo P bushes aince day 1 and owned 3 of these had one snap going round a bend hit a lowered manhole cover and send me spinning luckily on a wide road, had 3 more snap in past and then the weld popped on this wishbone but did hit a major pothole.

The wishbone isnt really muchof a prob as can re-inforce the welds if needed, but a good set of Pbushes and front bushes and ball joint can make a huge difference cheap ones dont quite cut it in performance either as very sloppin on handling too

I had a hell of a lot of play in one of my wishbones in my old DT a few years ago. I used to hoon it down the same back-roads every morning on the way to the mine to do my dissertation, and there was one long sweeping right-hander that used to have my arsehole twitching like a rabbits nose if I went at it enthusiastically. the rear end just wanted to overtake the front the whole way round. Swore I'd never use cheapo wishbones again after that experience!!
They pull all over the shop if you hit puddles in the rain too.
Im getting Meyle HD ones for my 6. KrisB can supply and fit them at a good price.
(15-08-2012, 12:06 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: [ -> ]I would have some meyle hd ones, but can't get them from anywhere so considering vibratechnics, false economy buying cheap crap thats just going to break imo

You can get them from http://www.expresscarparts.co.uk/
(15-08-2012, 08:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Im getting Meyle HD ones for my 6. KrisB can supply and fit them at a good price.

I may look at these but will be fitting myself cant warrant paying someone when im capable of fitting myself, leaves more money to spend on more parts Big Grin

PS. seen wheels on fb look great get it on its arse!!!
I spoke to them today about the price of everything.

Arms complete are £130 near enough, they've gone up again. That's for a pair.

Droplinks £14 each in HD

TRE's aren't HD but £8 each.

I think dum-dum can list the prices I gave him earlier for the MEYLE HD stuff.
Kris from the prices you gave me were what they cost you, not what you sell them on at.

£126.86 for a pair of lower arms
£30.92 for a pair of drop links
£16.54 for a pair of track rod ends

Total £174.32
Put it this way, if you've got a tuned diesel, make sure you get decent ones...

I get through a set of Delphi wishbones in 5k miles in my car... Torque fucks them severely.
LOL, you need good engine mounts with a tuned diesel too, I killed a brand new top engine mount in the HDi in a couple of hours.
Pages: 1 2