306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Gti6/Rallye inlet manifold...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As said, bare inlet manifold for gti6/rallye please guys? Many thanks! Smile
I'll have one soon enough, just gunna powdercoat mine at the end of the month then I'll have a spare
If you get it spare before I get one, how much would you want posted?
£20 + postage?
Ok Matt, is it End of August...?

If I don't get one by then I'll ave it..! Big Grin
Hopefully lol Smile okay mate give me a pm if you get one
I've got one. Only problem is one of the mounts for the fuel rail has been redrilled badly but it still fixes on nice and tight
Will do Matt...

How much would you want for it Niall? Posted mind!!
Nialls is shit, I've seen it's f*cked Wink
Errrrm £25 posted. It was powder coated silver about 6 months ago. Just needs a clean up with a damp cloth. Or I can take it to ace day if your coming.
Live too far away from ace!! I'm a Northerner! Big Grin

I have now got one sent from Raz this morning but cheers Niall!
Nice one mate; give me a buzz when you're sticking it all back together Smile That or ring me when you've been for the first spin...Tongue
I will do Ed.... Big Grin

What torque setting do I do the manifold? Oh, and I'm ditching the PTFE... Smile
(30-07-2012, 03:13 PM)Alee83 Wrote: [ -> ]I will do Ed.... Big Grin

What torque setting do I do the manifold? Oh, and I'm ditching the PTFE... Smile

Well I didn't bother with a torque setting, I just did it up fairly tight!

Why you ditching it? You've not even given it a chance!!
Ptfe is on mine and running sweet Smile
It's the ptfe that is causing it to blow!
(31-07-2012, 11:46 AM)Alee83 Wrote: [ -> ]It's the ptfe that is causing it to blow!

You sure? If there aren't any holes in it where there shouldntbe, and if it's not deformed as I said on the phone, it should be fine! Offer it up against the oem gasket and see....
(31-07-2012, 11:46 AM)Alee83 Wrote: [ -> ]It's the ptfe that is causing it to blow!

Did you check the face of the manifold to make sure there was no old gasket on there? Take a bit of 800-1000 grit paper to it to clean it up.
I did sand down both the head and the inlet before fitting... I also tightened the inlet up tight, too tight it might seem. There are now indents on the PTFE. Might try sandwitching the PTFE with 2 standard gaskets and see if that works... Also, anyone actually know the torque setting for the inlet?? Undecided
Iirc it's 15nm but not 100% on that. Some lanky pasty ginger had my laptop with auto data on.
Poor Ruan.... 15 isn't that tight, suppose I could do 15nm and if it blows, do 20nm and so on....
PTFE on with new manifold, BIG thanks to Raz...

Car running sweet! Even used a torque wrench this time at 15nm.

Thanks to Ed and Matt for all their help too.... Big Grin