306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: alloy paint
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got a gloss black spray can yesterday as alloys were a bit scratched around the edge. cut the bottom off a coke bottle, sprayed the paint until i had a pool, dipped a paint brush in and just touched it up, out of sight really but i knew it was there.
noticed a scratch on one of the spokes, put a bit on with paint brush. its gone light compared to the rest of the alloy and a different finish, i can tell when i touch it. looks like pale smudge on the alloy. absolutely devastated. anything i can do?
u could try using a compound polish and blend it with the rest of the paint
Can u recommend any brands? Where I can get it from etc?
It's duller because the alloys would of originally had more coats on plus they've been lacquered and polished. Touching it up with paint like that is never going to give you a decent match. Not even if it's same paint you'll still tell the difference.
Spray the whole wheel mate could be an easy enough option. hammerite is good.
Means sanding it etc doesn't it? I'm rubbish at spraying
i just touch mine up with hammerite. and tbh its good enough. it dosnt notice unless your really looking for it, and itsthick enough that it dosnt go pale
Which hammerite? Loads of different ones aren't there?