306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hi there!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm Ben!

I've been driving since January, had three cars (got fed up with both of them!). First one was a 106, second a 206 and today I got a 306. I'm really happy with it - it's quick and it's nicer than both of the old ones put together.

It's a 1998 1.9l Turbo Diesel. I read a couple of reviews online and they seem positive! It's only done 36,000 miles too which is great.

I'm hoping to slightly modify it to my taste over the next few months, so I will hopefully get around to doing it and posting on here at some point!

Cheers!
Welcome low miles Smile get some pics up Big Grin
wow, 36k!!
welcome along, piiiics!
Sounds like a sweet motor, welcome to the club
Welcome dude Big Grin
Welcome along mate Smile
Cheers guys! Here it is!

[Image: 480037_10151077214083896_1311218747_n.jpg]
Win! Looks awesome, with some lows and maybe a change of wheels will look real nice Wink
Welcome along mate, so it was you that bought this one then, PLEASE dont tell me you paid the £2000 they were asking for it?

soo what mods are to your "taste" please dont say body kit and 17" wheels, this could be an epicly good Dturbo if take a few ideas from the forum Big Grin
The guy was really persistent, I managed to get it down to £1800, I didn't want to pay that much but I really wanted the car (good price on insurance etc)

Certainly not body kits, yuck! I like things to be rather plain - I prefer cars which have been subtly modified and had mainly their performance boosted.
Very nice! As said, have a look at people's projects, take all your favorite ideas, then make an epic car!
I've intentionally done lots of mileage (~450) over the last couple of days in order to make any serious faults with the car become apparent quickly. Around 10 minutes before arriving home today, I noticed that the exhaust had become rather loud. I got home after driving with caution (the exhaust fell off my 206 so I'm a bit wary) and jacked the car up, looking underneath. It turns out that the exhaust has snapped almost clean away from the front end of the catalytic converter (this being a potential problem was not mentioned at time of purchase). After looking more closely around the engine, there also appears to be an excessive amount of oil on the underside of the engine. Among this, the pax side window likes to fall into the door and become inoperable (this has already been brought to the dealers' attention - he is in the process of getting the part to repair it).

Given the high price (£1800) I paid for this car, I am extremely dissatisfied with the quality at which it was sold to me. I otherwise love the car - it's fantastic to drive!

Where do I stand with regards to repairs and/or a refund (I don't want to go down this road as I would like to keep the car).

Cheers.
If its from a dealer there should At least be a few weeks warranty ?? Get everything fixed
If you got warrentee keep pushing and pushing for repairs insted of giving of back. Sounds like the turo maybe pissin oil
yeah if you paid that much for it through a dealer then you should have at least some sort of warranty.
Took it to them today, they welded the exhaust back on and it's fine now. I haven't mentioned the oil leak yet as I'd like to know exactly what is causing it before I take it to them so they can't try and rip me off!
Do you know where it's coming from? I had a monumental oil leak for weeks and it turned out to be the sensor on the front of the block, simply took it out and put in back in and hasn't leaked since!
Welcome! Shit about the issues but that's the joy of French cars! Sad Looks great anyway!
Greetings, oh you will enjoy the joys of french cars and their leaks and allsorts Tongue
(26-07-2012, 11:43 PM)Bengley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm Ben!

I've been driving since January, had three cars (got fed up with both of them!). First one was a 106, second a 206 and today I got a 306. I'm really happy with it - it's quick and it's nicer than both of the old ones put together.

It's a 1998 1.9l Turbo Diesel. I read a couple of reviews online and they seem positive! It's only done 36,000 miles too which is great.

I'm hoping to slightly modify it to my taste over the next few months, so I will hopefully get around to doing it and posting on here at some point!

Cheers!

406 your next car by any chance mate? lol
(18-08-2012, 09:09 PM)pud11 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-07-2012, 11:43 PM)Bengley Wrote: [ -> ]I'm Ben!

Cheers!

406 your next car by any chance mate? lol

This is what my friends have been saying, haha!

I sorted the oil leak, fortunately it was just the sump drain washer, did an oil change and put a new washer on. Obviously the oil drip had been blown all over the place from the airflow under the car!
Tidy motor mate. Looks nice in the blue. Extremely low miles.
Welcome mate