306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Removing gum from carpets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone got any decent products to remove gum?

There is a hell of a lot of gum on my carpets and need it removed so help would be appreciated
...sure it's gum mate?? Makeup
Unless some unlucky f*ckers semen is the consistency of gun gum then yes i'm sure hahaha
Freeze it, liquid nitrogen Wink
As said freeze it can also use a ice pack Wink
sweet, thanks for all the help guys.

so just freeze it then pick it out? yum
I heard urine is a good method to get gum out :-)
More gum.

Actually, probably not. If you can freeze it then yeah, go for it. Hopefully it won't require replacing!
Ive also hurd peanut butter but i wouldnt risk it
http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...rom-carpet
Yeah I've heard peanut butter too. On the plus side while you're applying it you can have an awesome snack (peanut butter on toast ftmfw)
I'd freeze it so you don't ruin your carpets. Maybe use an aerosol? Like a can of lynx to freeze it. That way you'll remove the gum and also you're car won't smell of weed any more!
(19-07-2012, 06:47 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]I'd freeze it so you don't ruin your carpets. Maybe use an aerosol? Like a can of lynx to freeze it. That way you'll remove the gum and also you're car won't smell of weed any more!

Thats actually not a bad idea that
grease proof paper and an iron....aparently..may be worth trying stuff on a scrap piece of carpet?

Suppost to make the gum tacky and stick to the paper.

Let me know how it goes if you try it lol

I have heard that ice is the best thing for it though
Buy a new carpet lol, easy job really only an hour in and out
Fire.
plumbers freezing spray.

and its fun.

what you gotta do is make it hard, then tug it.
(20-07-2012, 12:47 AM)samass Wrote: [ -> ]what you gotta do is make it hard, then tug it.

Giggidy. Big Grin
(19-07-2012, 06:00 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]I heard urine is a good method to get gum out :-)

yea i've heard its the uria in the urine breaks down the gum and turns it into somthing a bit like custard
We could arrange a 306oc meet at your house and all take turns to piss on your carpet...