306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Removing Keyed Marks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just seen on the car that some cock has happily ran along the entire side of the street with a key; everyones car has been scratched down one side Dodgy

I'm really not too fussed, it's only my DERV and is impossible to keep clean.

Anyone got any fast tips to remove the key marks, baring in mind SIGMA paint is near impossible to match, whatever people say, i cant/havnt been able to find a good enough match.

You can see it here; basically goes from the back allll the way off the front wing

[Image: yzT9t.jpg]
get a blaze...dents and scratches still make it look like morning piss...
Helpful post award goes to...

How deep is the scratch? It looks like more than just a surface scratch. The general rule is that if it catches on your nail when you run it along the paint, it's too deep to polish out and will need spraying.

Also, what a price. Hope at least someone finds out who it was!
Really that halfords blue you gave me worked a treat on the car I was going. But other than that t cut.

Scott beat me to it, hope it's not to deep a cut.
(18-07-2012, 04:03 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: [ -> ]Really that halfords blue you gave me worked a treat on the car I was going. But other than that t cut.

Scott beat me to it, hope it's not to deep a cut.

That halfords blue didn't match my sigma paint AT all Dodgy

Its not deep enough; as for polishing (im not a detailing guy), what should i be using??
That's good to hear, although it does look like it could be a bit deep to be honest mate.

There are some good tips in this thread: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3417.html

Basically wet sanding, machine polishing and then waxing.
Oh yeah...that way me!

Tbh if you can feel it, you won't get rid of it but you can mask it a bit. Try going over it with some Meguiars #105. Should hide it a bit then polish it up with some #205.
Whatever you do, dont try the turtle wax coloured polish with what looks like a lipstick stick stuck to it. I tried getting rid of the key mark on the NAD with some I had lying around around........but now instead of a light scratch, I have a dark one........it still looks just as shit lol.
(18-07-2012, 04:14 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Basically wet sanding, machine polishing and then waxing.

hmm I'm not THAT fussed about it Smile but cheers. Might read around see what else is on offer
If you want a good match on paint get a paint shop to mix you some up. It won't be hard or expensive :-)
Your welcome to borrow our machine polisher or bring it round and I'll give it a buff for you.
ive just done mine.
use 1200 grit then 2000 then g3 ( but i used t cut.)
i know it sounds harsh but it works. trust me im a removal man.
i spent all day sunday doing mine and im so please with it.
Don't know if anyone else has said this, but...

Buy a can of sigma aerosol and a small artist's brush, spray into the can lid and dip the brush in it and apply several layers of paint in the scratch over a few days. Then wet sand and repeat for lacquer, then wet sand and machine polish until you're happy...