306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wheels...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Browsing ebay and came across these little beauties would they suit a Cherry 306 estate do we think?

they're in a 4x108 fitment and come in these sizes:
15×7.0 / 15×8.0
16×8.0 / 16×9.0
17×7.5 / 17×8.5
17×10.0
18×8.0 / 18×9.5

If I decide to take the plunge I think I'd like the 16x9 setup don't exactly what work is needed to fit em but will hopefully be dropped on its arse soon enough and the wheels £415 delivered!

[Image: %24(KGrHqJHJC!E9!S!lMoRBPU1pCOQ2!~~60_12.JPG]
You can get them cheaper than that Wink

Mine are Dare DR-B's (same range of replica splits) and were £360 delivered for four in 16x8 front and 16x9 rear.

Work wise.. it takes a lot to do it right. Me and Xav spent weeks on the stance of mine, with that wheel fitment it needs massive spacers to get the offset right, and that leads to other problems with wheel arch clearance. The rears especially, 16x9 ONLY fits with massive poke or they rub on the inner arch. Without pulling or creating your own arches you end up with about 30mm of poke, and then you have to run stretched tyres to even think about getting them in the arches and having any suspension travel.

Also in the rear doors on the estate, just above the wheel arch, there is a bit of metal the wheels like to rub on that you need to hammer out flat. Mine are now highly polished after meeting rubber a few times!

Honestly though, ALL this is covered in my project thread, have a read. Will give you some idea how much effort it takes to get it right. It's not just a case of buy wheels, get tyres fitted, fit to car.

You need to look at spacer size, amount of stretch, arch clearance, running stud and nuts instead of bolts. You also need a good condition rear beam as clearance is minimal so any bearing play will lead to issues, coilovers at the front with possible camber adjustment to tuck the wheels in at the top...

But yes, they will look win. I want the all black ones with gold bolts in 17", will look phit.
(18-07-2012, 11:06 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]You can get them cheaper than that Wink

Mine are Dare DR-B's (same range of replica splits) and were £360 delivered for four in 16x8 front and 16x9 rear.

Work wise.. it takes a lot to do it right. Me and Xav spent weeks on the stance of mine, with that wheel fitment it needs massive spacers to get the offset right, and that leads to other problems with wheel arch clearance. The rears especially, 16x9 ONLY fits with massive poke or they rub on the inner arch. Without pulling or creating your own arches you end up with about 30mm of poke, and then you have to run stretched tyres to even think about getting them in the arches and having any suspension travel.

Also in the rear doors on the estate, just above the wheel arch, there is a bit of metal the wheels like to rub on that you need to hammer out flat. Mine are now highly polished after meeting rubber a few times!

Honestly though, ALL this is covered in my project thread, have a read. Will give you some idea how much effort it takes to get it right. It's not just a case of buy wheels, get tyres fitted, fit to car.

You need to look at spacer size, amount of stretch, arch clearance, running stud and nuts instead of bolts. You also need a good condition rear beam as clearance is minimal so any bearing play will lead to issues, coilovers at the front with possible camber adjustment to tuck the wheels in at the top...

But yes, they will look win. I want the all black ones with gold bolts in 17", will look phit.

It's your f*cking car that serves as my inspiration lmao your car is well phit as it stands although the wire type wheel does look really nice I do like your wheels but was gunna go for a bit of a stretch anyway as I think it looks pretty feckin sweet how do they handle on stretched tyres though good or not so good? And any problems with em popping off the bead?
What offset are they?
Erm, i've never driven the car hard enough to find that out. You have to make certain sacrifices if you want to run that kind of fitment. I've done over 1k miles on these wheels now and no issues with unseating or tyre pressures, wouldn't like to find out what lift off oversteer is like on them though!

Cheers for the comments though mate, it's been a lot of hard work getting to where it is now.

Dum IIRC they're different offset to mine. End result though is they need to be ET+5 front and -5 rear in 8/9 fitment
(18-07-2012, 11:16 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]What offset are they?

Feck knows DumDum forgot that bit Tongue
They're ET25/20

So you'd need 20mm spacers front and 25mm rear
I got black calibre vantage 9x17 all round on mine. A company did my arches for £150 but looks the dogs. Does rub on BAD bumps.
(18-07-2012, 11:20 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers for the comments though mate, it's been a lot of hard work getting to where it is now.

No worries mate and I've seen the hard work you put into it I've now read all 29 pages of posts and updates on your thread haha but it looks proper tidy that does just a shame my car's f*cking 2-tone would like to get it back to the proper red but the top half is faded and the bottom's been re-sprayed and looks nothing like the top Sad

But now's the time I start putting MY car together, all my others have been for the comfort and convenience of my passengers etc now it's time I started putting my own stamp on my car!
Just had to google the words "comfort" and "convenience" lmao
(18-07-2012, 11:41 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]Just had to google the words "comfort" and "convenience" lmao

Yeh with me doing hospital transport everybody has to be comfortable...every car I've had so far has been of a good size has been no less than 5 doors etc and has had to remain clean and tidy...now's the time that my car is gunna suit me and not everybody else haha!