306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dum-Dums getting Public Transport project.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So as most of you know I currently dont have a car but I still have to go to work and the pub. Id like to get a taxi but they're expensive and I f*cking hate minicabs, well, actually I f*cking hate minicab drivers, the minicabs themselves aren't too bad round here.

Anyway this leaves me with 3 options; walking, cycling and public transport. Im fat and lazy so that rules walking and cycling out so public transport is my only option.

Apparently the bus dosent come to my house or even my road or even the road off that, looks like im walking afterall. On with my lush DCs and 5 mins down the road to find I have a 10 min wait. *sigh*

[attachment=1808]
Ill give it a month before you weigh these in and get youre next car...
So eventually the bus turned up and guess what, it was late, thats 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back. I flagged down the driver and flashed him my "I dont pay for this shit" pass then asked him where first class was and when the trolley service would be along. He looked at me blankly so I went to find a seat away from the smelly peasants. This is harder than you might think because it would appear there is only 5 seats on the bus with enough leg room for a normal sized (read extra large) human being. Obviously it was all designed for malnourished little oiks and shrunken old people.

Anyway smelly bus
[attachment=1809]

And some leg room
[attachment=1810]

Only took 10 mins to get into town but once you add all the walking and waiting thats more like half an hour, might of been quicker walking to town then, sad times.
lol at this dum. its a hard old life isnt it

any plans for modding your new transport?
Just imagin the dish you could get on that thing!!!

Just think of the tuning abilities of that massive diesel engine Smile
I give it until the weekend that he has a new car!
Slam it.
feel for ya. but,,,, look at it this way, you can have a drink and get as pissed as you want cause lets face it, you aint driving are ya.
infact that sounds a good idea. might sell my car and go on a public transport bender just for lols. Itwasntme
quality. like every one says, mod it. i think they have 22`s as standard, and no need to roll the arches lmao
i can't be bothered to dig around but wheres the BM dum?
I give it 2 weeks.

What the fk is this random picture?
Lol, I'd rather drive a NAD than get a bus.....good on ya for attempting it though lol.

Also Jake, is that the pic of the fuel pump and wires....I keep seeing that everywhere too!
I've tried this, and even though I live on a great bus route (every 6 minutes, 100 yards from my front gate) and work in the city centre, it's still a farce and not much cheaper than driving, even in a 1.8t. The train would make sense because my office is 2 minutes from the station and the train runs behind my house, but annoyingly the nearest station is a mile away...
(17-07-2012, 09:42 PM)Jake Wrote: [ -> ]I give it 2 weeks.

What the fk is this random picture?

I get that all the time almost like a signature.
Kent, did you just attach that yourself? or has it randomly appeared?
It pops up randomly, it happened in one of my posts yesterday...
yeah i started a thread about it in the bug section, any chance you'd be able to drop a link in there?
If I can remember which thread I will :p
haha cheers! Smile
See I can't see any of these random attachments still! lol
So back on with the whinging. Got off work a little late last night and pow and behold the tube dosent run past midnight. Not an issue, got a lift half way and thought I'll get a night bus, I live in London, there'll be loads of them. WRONG!.

Theres only one night bus route near me and it's not actually that near and it only runs every half hour, the icing on the cake to that is I only just missed the bus so I walked the last 3 miles. Hello 2am.

Today's whinge is my bus was 5 mins late, well maybe 10 mins early, I dont know. The timetable appears to be largely a work of fiction.

So today's new experience it "the tube", sometimes called the underground but I dont know why as it dosent go underground, intact it spends most of its time on embankment ans bridges well above ground level.

The only thing I can think of is that because it's just one carriage with seats and poles jutting out into it it looks like the throat of one of them massive snakes with teeth that you see in horror films eating people and cars and shit and they usually live underground.

This would scare the f*ck out of me if I was drunk, the thought that I was in the throat of a massive servant being eaten alive.
[attachment=1841]

See what I mean?
Bus wanker!

Sorry, was surprised no-one else had said it yet.
Gosh with all this spare time you have on busses and trains. You now have too much time on your hands.

So........... Why car you buying at the weekend?
Then again, I can't understand why anyone drives in London. I've been there before and attempted to drive, and it's just a network of bus lanes, one-way systems, speed cameras, traffic light cameras, bits of city that you have to pay money just to drive into, not to mention traffic like I've never seen in my life, jams you don't move for 10 minutes in! If there's more than 13 cars Q'ing to a traffic light in Leeds we just get out and walk lol
Want my E46?

ninja
(18-07-2012, 07:31 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Then again, I can't understand why anyone drives in London. I've been there before and attempted to drive, and it's just a network of bus lanes, one-way systems, speed cameras, traffic light cameras, bits of city that you have to pay money just to drive into, not to mention traffic like I've never seen in my life, jams you don't move for 10 minutes in! If there's more than 13 cars Q'ing to a traffic light in Leeds we just get out and walk lol

Mate try doing it daily. It's doing my nut at the moment because of the Olympics and they haven't even properly started yet!!!
Avoid London like the plaque! I'm going next month, but only for a day, and only because the mighty Leeds are playing in the cup final at Wembley...
Bus was only 2 mins late today. According to the bus company less than 3 minutes late actually dosent count as late. I asked what it was called if it wasn't on time and wasn't late either and got a blank look that said it all. NOT ON TIMEMEANS LATE! Dosent matter if it's 3 mins or 3 hours
dum, just get yourself another car and stop putting yourself through this pain.
I'm going for my bus license soon. If I come across someone asking me questions like you do dum. I'd end up loosing my job. Smile. This is making me laugh so much.

I'm waiting for a picture of you trying to strip the bus for its turbo to go on a 306 Smile
Pages: 1 2