306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: The car leaking still......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The car leaking still...... well when I got it the aerial was leaking so I fixed that cause there was water on all the floor I could have fish in there!

The next problem the back doors but Ive ajusted those so now those dont leak!

Now the passanger front door leaks somebody cut the metal lip from underneath were the rubber goes near the dash in one small part. Why the hell would you do that unless boding speaker wires or something perfectic. They put silicon were the cout was made in the rubber it never worked sad or wat!

So Ive had to get rid of that rubber it would leak Ive got anther from the scrap yard but it leaks. Ive ajusted it tried everything Im just not sure what the hell the problem its got to be the scrap yard rubber no good?

The driver door if the water the same it trys to leak in the same place there but its harder to leak there. Is there a common thing with this leaking or wat!

Old rubber cut then silicon sad! but were the cut is piece metal gone on that bit nuts!
[Image: DSC01364.jpg]

Fitted anther rubber but this problem now!
[Image: DSC01682.jpg]

[Image: DSC01681.jpg]

Ive tried passanger front side moving the rubber around the frame in diffrent ways but still leaks in the same place!

The driver side just about holds but does leak abit in the same place!

Both doors are ajusted right in the most they can as well.
are you 100% sure thats where its leaking from?
(16-07-2012, 10:53 PM)Joe Wrote: [ -> ]are you 100% sure thats where its leaking from?

Yes I poured the water down and wiped dry everywere. Then open the door I can see it building up then going over the rubber seal. Both sides are the same but passanger side far worse but driver side nearly or does alittle.
So is there any more views or experence on this problemHuh
Get something small, open the door and look under it and you will see a few tiny holes in the door skin where it meets the outer door skin. These are drains but often block up with crap so give them a prod and clear out and they should drain nicely outside.
(17-07-2012, 02:22 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Get something small, open the door and look under it and you will see a few tiny holes in the door skin where it meets the outer door skin. These are drains but often block up with crap so give them a prod and clear out and they should drain nicely outside.

I think I take the door cards of and see whats going on inside.
(17-07-2012, 10:03 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-07-2012, 02:22 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Get something small, open the door and look under it and you will see a few tiny holes in the door skin where it meets the outer door skin. These are drains but often block up with crap so give them a prod and clear out and they should drain nicely outside.

I think I take the door cards of and see whats going on inside.

Ive Ive taken the door card of and looked at the inside door card cover it looks fine. But once I poured water along the door it was coming in through the door card cover.

I dont want to fit a new one cause its in tidy condition what shall I do use silicon to seal it up?

[Image: DSC01702.jpg]

[Image: DSC01703.jpg]
Think you missundserstood mate. The drainage holes are on the very very bottom of the door. Not next to the bottom of the door card.
(20-07-2012, 01:42 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Think you missundserstood mate. The drainage holes are on the very very bottom of the door. Not next to the bottom of the door card.

I know there 2 drain holes underneath on both ends. But I put a screw driver in there and no dirt or anything and the holes were clear.

The water comes from the sound insulation cover well above the drains.
Window seals?