306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: HELP: Identify sensor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the process of doing my cambelt on the 6 engine today i noticed i have this sensor but i dont seem to have a plug on the loom for it :S
i know i swaped it from a blanking bung to a senor on the xsara vts engine. as this sensor was missing on the vts engine but was on the 6 engine.

1 does any one know what it is?
2 does it need to be pluged in?

[Image: DSC00208-1.jpg]

pic is not of my engine but i have this senser but carnt find a plug on the loom
Oil temp?
from a quick look on the 6 forum seems as tho its a oil presure sensor. and doesnt need to be connected?? as i have a sensor above the oil filter that is connected.
can anyone confirm this?
Oil level for the gauge that comes on when you first start the car.
So do i need to connect the plug to the sensor in picture or the one near the oil filter or doesnt it matter?
Management doesn't use any data from it so no it doesn't matter but if it's not plugged in, the oil level needle does an annoying little dance to start with.
Thanks mate so either of the sensors will do the same thing?
You've lost me?
The sensor circled has no effect at all on the running of the car and that doesn't matter if it's plugged in or not.
Sorry mate i have another sensor near the oil filter that seems to be the same as the one circled and the plug on the loom fits both sensors. So im unsure what sensor i should plug it into. Thanks for the help mate Smile

If it helps the plug i have coming off the loom only has one wire into it.
In which case that is more than likely oil pressure which will plug into the one near the oil filter. What colour is the plug? Should match.
Plug is grey mate Smile
All plugs should match connectors and iirc the oil level sensor is green (well it is on ph3 anyway.)
And so are both of the sensors

Ive got all the green plugs exc pluged in its just this one grey plug left and it can go in either sensor (the one in pic or one near oil filter im thinking it goes in the one near the filter as the one in pic was blanked off on the vts engine. But not on the gti. So im kinda thinking pug used a sensor insted of a blanking bung mayb Smile
Ah fair enough. Got a wire number on the plug? Will look it up later but I think your right as iirc the vts didn't have a oil level gauge?
Will have a look for a number on the wire 2 moz mate.
Repped for the help Smile