306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Opinions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now some of you might have read my post regarding my damned exhaust that snapped off a couple of days ago...Well today I took it to a motorsports fabrication shop nearby baring in mind I've been quoted £140+ the dreaded VAT for a standard exhaust with a 2 year warranty I went to this place and the bloke HAND MANUFACTURES all his exhaust systems and he's agreed to make me a straight through exhaust with no silencer boxes until the back end which will be a straight through silencer with a tip of my choosing.

Opinions needed are: He's charging me £220 including VAT and fitting and it also comes in stainless steel and with a lifetime warranty is this a good enough price do we reckon? either way I'm definitely going for it a custom made exhaust right through for that price!
that sounds like a powerflow price/spec and sounds about right to me Smile

Any idea whether it'd sound alright on a diseasel?
(12-07-2012, 11:32 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2012, 11:15 PM)mark_airey Wrote: [ -> ]

Any idea whether it'd sound alright on a diseasel?

Depends if you like the sound of a diesel car. I love the noise mine makes but others think its stupid trying to make a derv sound good.
The larger the bore the deeper the sound if that helps
Mine is 2.5 bore straight through turbo back to one box with no baffling and a 4" outward rolled tip and it does sound good for a diesel :-) many a people have commented on how good it sounds
I do like the sound of diesels to be honest with my Mondeo I had just a straight forward cut and shut of an exhaust on that stock system but with a universal can on the end of it this will be the first time I've actually bought a real exhaust made for the car if that makes sense but the thing I love about my Pug is I can hear it spooling up which is nice and would like to accentuate that noise too
As far as noise, ask anyone I overtook at FCS how it sounds Big Grin
Mark.. your car sounded like a plane taking off lol

EDIT: Which might i add sounded epic....
Ive got 2.5" front to back box with 2.5" rolled out tip when on boost sounds like a jet but only running 19psi atm lol on a shitty lucas

Ive got a reciept for it when bought car with lifetime guarantee for 220 inc vat in stainless no boxes apart from rear

CJ
Might be a bit off topic, but how do you get the jet noise to last? Mine sounds pretty cool spooling, but loses the jet noise at around 2k. Sad One of the main things I noticed on the RR was that it actually sounded pretty good for that short period of time lol as it was a fairly enclosed space so echoing a bit.
(13-07-2012, 12:30 PM)mark_airey Wrote: [ -> ]As far as noise, ask anyone I overtook at FCS how it sounds Big Grin

No idea what it sounds like... Wink
(13-07-2012, 01:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Might be a bit off topic, but how do you get the jet noise to last? Mine sounds pretty cool spooling, but loses the jet noise at around 2k. Sad One of the main things I noticed on the RR was that it actually sounded pretty good for that short period of time lol as it was a fairly enclosed space so echoing a bit.

The jet noise............erm 40 psi and no air intake at all...................Undecided

(13-07-2012, 01:59 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]No idea what it sounds like... Wink

Don't know, I only ever hear it from inside the car lol
I just meant you didn't overtake me Tongue
(13-07-2012, 03:17 PM)mark_airey Wrote: [ -> ]The jet noise............erm 40 psi and no air intake at all...................Undecided

I take it it's a different jet noise then lol, I'm not good at describing noises. But it's like it sounds cool (souded even better with the cat hanging off the turbo with one nut lol) when it starts spooling, which I assume is the turbine cutting the air at a certain speed....but then it just gets 'too' fast and silent.........well it may not be silent but I can't hear it over the clattering. I was expecting the decat to make it sound better as its now straight from the turbo to backbox but it doesn't sound much different execpt a little more of that noise that I was trying to describe lol. It still sounds like a diesel anyway. Undecided