306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: China XS, Shed to shiner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cheers. To be fair, there is no reason why a body shop standard finish cannot be reached using rattle cans. It just works out a damn sight more expensive, takes a hell a lot longer and requires a lot mor flatting to the lacquer as you cannot control the thinners in it.

The mirrors have gloss black surrounds and bases with carbon caps, but am toying with going back to china with the caps. Can't make my mind up.
that's looking awesome mate.

really nice contrast with the wheels also - keep the spoiler china, in theme with the smoothed boot..

Be nice to see this in flesh in a couple of weeks ninja
That looks awesome mate, real good finish from the photo!

I'd agree with keeping the spoiler china. Since you have a black roof, I think it'd look quite weird having the boot china and just having a blue line between the roof and spoiler.
Sorted my wheels out today. When i painted the insides of them, I was unsure if I was going to keep them pink, so didnt bother lacquering them. Consequentially brake dust did what brake dust does best and made a mess of it. So set about putting that right.

Painstakingly taped off the front of the wheels:
[Image: 4026be71.jpg]

To give you an idea of how bad it was, here are the rears:
[Image: DSC_0588-1.jpg]

And forgot to take a picture now they're done, but they pretty much look like they should again:
[Image: DSC_0579.jpg]

Went a bit wheel crazy today. Made a start on Kims wheels for her. Or Scotts. I lose track of whose they are.

Going to add more battery earths tomorrow, and add to the charging system. Hopefully will allow the car to handle the silly volumes I play my music at. Got a shiney oil catch to fit too. Might get round to that sound deadening at some point too... haha.
haha crazy work on the masking lol! its a bloody good finish on them clones! bet that takes some time!
Looking good mate. Pains me to say it but the pink looks awesome Smile
I had to sit and think for a minute why it pains you to say it.

Then i fell off the back of my chair laughing! lol

Sorry dude.
Haha I'm gunna have to bring lots of spare parts to FCS. Ready to replace anything you guys paint pink hahaha
lmao

I think they were talking about pre-painting things the other day to swap while you sleep?
We were gonna do the roof to be truthful. Would love to see you swap that at FCS camping...
lmao
I'm up for doing an all nighter sat night and wrapping his entire car pink!
Im down with that.

Or even, Matt has done the hard work for us. That pink paint needs a white primer. Matt has done all the prepwork, so all we need to do is puff over it with pink paint... Job done...
Haha I'm bringing an axe, anything changes on my car and it's going through every windscreen in the morning haha
Dont punish us all, just because Scott was trolling with pink paint during the night...
Matt Wrote:Haha I'm bringing an axe, anything changes on my car and it's going through every windscreen in the morning haha

Bit of luck I can drive faster than you then with keeping my wheels on the car.
Tbh I'll be the first one up, I'll make sure of it Big Grin
I'm doing an all nighter in that case...
I would Wink hahahah
You setting off early in preparation for a wheel falling off and calling the RAC to take you there? lol
Tell you what, while we do matts car pink, we could do scotts wheels. Im sure he'll love it...
Your couch Scott!!! Hahaha
I'm gunna start swapping everyone's wheels during the night! Haha
And how would you plan on doing that?

[Image: Locking_Wheel_Bolts_large.jpg]
I had those lockers on my wheels. Took 10mins to get all 4 off without the key. As I lost it :oops:
Confusedhock: Instills confidence lol

I know where there are some un-secured turinis... ninja
Grant Wrote:Confusedhock: Instills confidence lol

No you don't. Neither does Scott anymore lmao
top work grant. might have to attempt this myself.
Grant Wrote:Confusedhock: Instills confidence lol

Can only get them off that quick if you have the tools handy, which tbf most theives wont
Matt listen to grant. Let us spray your roof pink.

It will look amazballllllllllllllzzzzzzzz Smile
:nope:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9