306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: LAKE DISTRICT meet; 29th July
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
EDIT::

So change of plan now; we're heading to the Lake District for the first day and heading to Lake Ullswater (she doesnt know this yet) then heading to a Steam Show, kindly pointed out by MHairy himself.

After this, we'll probably grab some dinner then meet up somewhere before heading to our hotel.

I'm suggesting MARK would have the knowledge on this one? 'you' know where we're going to be, so anywhere in particular? perhaps meet up for a coffee somewhere with the cars for an hour; maybe around 7/8pm??
No one? No worries, more "us" time then ninja
I would say get a room but no doubt you have lol. I think the liam is from that area?
I know "joker" is as well but his high boost 6 is gone :-(
(10-07-2012, 12:57 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]I would say get a room but no doubt you have lol. I think the liam is from that area?
I know "joker" is as well but his high boost 6 is gone :-(

....lol its not a group orgy, its a car meet potential Blush

it's not a problem, was just a suggestion to see if anyone was around on that evening
Not far away from me, I'm on that side of Leeds so about 20 miles. I've got a stag do the night before but as long as I'm not dead I'm in, I'll text Kyle as well, and there's Pete, Padge and Phil (rippthrough) as well just off the top of my head Smile
(10-07-2012, 01:22 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Not far away from me, I'm on that side of Leeds so about 20 miles. I've got a stag do the night before but as long as I'm not dead I'm in, I'll text Kyle as well, and there's Pete, Padge and Phil (rippthrough) as well just off the top of my head Smile

Awesome Smile some new faces for sure!

If you guys are game, let us know! Be good to have a small meet Smile
Wrong side of the county dude, it would be nearly 4 hours there and back for me Sad if you find yourself around J36 of the M6 at any point shout up though! could always go through the lakes on your way back down Tongue
(10-07-2012, 01:46 PM)mark_airey Wrote: [ -> ]Wrong side of the county dude, it would be nearly 4 hours there and back for me Sad if you find yourself around J36 of the M6 at any point shout up though! could always go through the lakes on your way back down Tongue

We are Smile

We're heading down from dumfries to snowdonia. you MUST be between there somwhere Tongue BUT we could swap snowdonia for peak district? cheap'ish accomodation there at all?
Dumfries is near Cumbria...

In fact, why the hell are you going through Harrogate?!?! Surely straight down the M6 towards Hereford then go west...
(10-07-2012, 01:51 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Dumfries is near Cumbria...

In fact, why the hell are you going through Harrogate?!?! Surely straight down the M6 towards Hereford then go west...

I wanted to go and see a cave!

Brighton > Harrogate (caves) > Edinburgh > Dumfries > Snowdonia > Brighton.

It's more of a road trip, harrogate was just a mid point to stop off; don't REALLY want to drive for 8/9 hours straight
That sounds like an epic trip! don't blame you for not wanting to drive that far at once!

(10-07-2012, 01:49 PM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]We are Smile

We're heading down from dumfries to snowdonia. you MUST be between there somwhere Tongue BUT we could swap snowdonia for peak district? cheap'ish accomodation there at all?

Any idea as to when this will be? I am like 10-15 mins off the M6 @ J36 if you fancy a brew or I could come meet you somewhere/take you somewhere!

oh and if you want caves WTF are you going to harrogate for? ........... http://www.whitescarcave.co.uk/ Wink
(10-07-2012, 01:53 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: [ -> ]

I wanted to go and see a cave!

If its Stump Cross Caverns or White Scar Cave it's not worth it Wink
(10-07-2012, 01:58 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]If its Stump Cross Caverns ...... it's not worth it Wink

Yes... Undecided

In that case, i'll look at changing the route, might go via peak district then brb Big Grin
Their ok, but not worth that long of a drive. I went on a school trip lol
(10-07-2012, 02:00 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Their ok, but not worth that long of a drive. I went on a school trip lol

Fair one.. cheers pal. I'm sure we could find some caves in the peak district, unless mark could suggest anything? it's not a bad drive to the peak district either from BTN.
white scar isn't far off the M6 if your coming back down the west side Smile

and that is in the Yorkshire Dales park and I am in the Lake District, where does the Peak District come into this? I'm confused lol
Southerners Mark, Southerners....

Have some patience with them Wink
Come to the Lake District, there's some great caves/quarries, and mountain passes too, it's a great place to explore!
(10-07-2012, 02:04 PM)mark_airey Wrote: [ -> ]white scar isn't far off the M6 if your coming back down the west side Smile

and that is in the Yorkshire Dales park and I am in the Lake District, where does the Peak District come into this? I'm confused lol

OHH i thought you were that side ignore me Angel

we were planning to stick EAST on the way up, and WEST on the way back down...

hmm i'll keep reading around.
(10-07-2012, 02:06 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Come to the Lake District, there's some great caves/quarries, and mountain passes too, it's a great place to explore!

Yeah that's very true, can't call yourself a petrolhead until you've done Kirkstone Pass, Hartside Pass and Hardknott Pass. And The Struggle near Ambleside Big Grin
(10-07-2012, 02:08 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2012, 02:06 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]Come to the Lake District, there's some great caves/quarries, and mountain passes too, it's a great place to explore!

Yeah that's very true, can't call yourself a petrolhead until you've done Kirkstone Pass, Hartside Pass and Hardknott Pass. And The Struggle near Ambleside Big Grin

sounds faptastic; also, "she's" now insured on the DERV so no doubt, she'd like to chuck it into some corners Itwasntme we'll chat about it later.

Watchthisspace ninja
Meets off then lol
(10-07-2012, 02:11 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Meets off then lol

lmao

haha i'm not sure yet! going to see what's happening!
well not if they go up the east side (M1) as Harrogate would still make a good stop off on the way to Edinburgh, then on the way back down after Dumfries turn off the M6 and go right down through the lakes re joining the m6 @ junction 36 and then white scar caves then continue on to snowdonia............that sounds like a plan to me anyway!
Sounds like an epic roadtrip Big Grin

Kyle just texted me back, he's in.
(10-07-2012, 02:54 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like an epic roadtrip Big Grin

Kyle just texted me back, he's in.

hmm the lake district is looking mighty tempting; more than welome to join us up to there Undecided
this is the last place i thought i would have heard that name! i spent a year of my life there and hated it haha
(10-07-2012, 03:09 PM)Mowle5677 Wrote: [ -> ]this is the last place i thought i would have heard that name! i spent a year of my life there and hated it haha

...and your constructive idea isssss Dodgy?
White Scar caves is alright, its just a guided thingy on walkways ect (not like "proper" caving) But that suited me fine lol

Dont have time/decent car for epic roadtrips but I'd get to a Harrogate meet if I'm not busy.
Pages: 1 2 3