306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: fudging airbag light !!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I swapped the original seats for leathers and the airbag light started flashing. After a year i realised the drivers side tensioner had fired.

I fitted a tensioner from sam rowells Petrol car after leaving the battery disconnected for over an hour and it still flashes. I have removed the yellow plugs under the seats and used normal connectors...

So i am fuged off with MYA, do i fit the other tensioner from sam and hope thats the issue OR does anyone else have any other suggestions?
(03-07-2012, 02:36 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [ -> ]I swapped the original seats for leathers and the airbag light started flashing. After a year i realised the drivers side tensioner had fired.

I fitted a tensioner from sam rowells Petrol car after leaving the battery disconnected for over an hour and it still flashes. I have removed the yellow plugs under the seats and used normal connectors...

So i am fuged off with MYA, do i fit the other tensioner from sam and hope thats the issue OR does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Take the bulb out Smile
They didn't have airbags in the seat did they?
(03-07-2012, 03:03 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]They didn't have airbags in the seat did they?

Gtis did afaik

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
That would be an issue. If it had airbags and replaced for seats without air bags it would flash.
Mine did it when replaced air bag seats with s16 seats
its a ph2 and swapped for ph 2 leathers from phil's chalkboard, tensioner had gone off on drivers side

can't remove the bulb CJ or it will fail MOT by light not coming on and then going off....its a fail as it is
Wire the heater plug light into the airbag light Smile
(04-07-2012, 06:58 PM)Bananalad Wrote: [ -> ]Wire the heater plug light into the airbag light Smile

are you being....serious....
No i meant oil pressure light.. As long as the light comes on with the ignition and goes out when its started theres no problem.. Mines been like that and been through two mots..
If the tensioner has fired, the controller under the centre console must be replaced. It's a 1 use thing.
I have one from my 1.8 ph3 fully woring you can have for £15 posted.
thats the way all the vag boys "fix" their airbag lights, theyre notorious for airbag issues.

Had either of the sets of seats you swapped have airbags? would cause an issue, could also be the wires, disconnet spray some wd40/contakt cleaner and plug back again, see if that helps. contacts on new seat could be fudged.
could be a problem with either of the seats remember..
Bridge the connections with a 2ohm resistor if you just need it to get through an MOT..
(04-07-2012, 10:26 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]If the tensioner has fired, the controller under the centre console must be replaced. It's a 1 use thing.
I have one from my 1.8 ph3 fully woring you can have for £15 posted.

Niall, the tensioner had fired on the new seats I put in, my old seats had not fired so could the controller still be an issue?

I'm about to swap the passenger tensioner now in the hope they have to be replaced in pairs....
Tbh I find it odd that one had fired and the other hadn't? But then again it could be that it did fire but didn't work. These things do start to fail with age that's why your supposed to replace them after 10yrs.
Try replacing the other one and see what happens. You have used all plugs under the seat haven't you? I know the ph3 seats have 3 plugs and the ph2 only has 2. The extra plug is only an earth for the airbag casing but it brings the light on if it's not connected although iirc it brings on the side airbag light and not the standard airbag light.
Mine is a ph2 and only has one plug under the seats................ Undecided
(16-07-2012, 09:51 AM)mark_airey Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is a ph2 and only has one plug under the seats................ Undecided

You don't have side airbags then. Only some ph2s had side airbags.
stick a 3 ohm on the connector, 2 ohm is too low, you can get away with 4 ohm also
(16-07-2012, 09:19 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh I find it odd that one had fired and the other hadn't? But then again it could be that it did fire but didn't work. These things do start to fail with age that's why your supposed to replace them after 10yrs.
Try replacing the other one and see what happens. You have used all plugs under the seat haven't you? I know the ph3 seats have 3 plugs and the ph2 only has 2. The extra plug is only an earth for the airbag casing but it brings the light on if it's not connected although iirc it brings on the side airbag light and not the standard airbag light.

yeah spade connectors on both tensioners, so no plugs. Sam rowells sent me a pair of drivers side's so i cannot swap both either Sad i have removed the battery for about an hour before playing with them so the car has also been reset Smile

(16-07-2012, 09:51 AM)mark_airey Wrote: [ -> ]Mine is a ph2 and only has one plug under the seats................ Undecided

same as mark Smile

if i put in resistors will the airbag light come on and then go out?
yep, will do the self test as normal
How do you know if the tensioner has fired? mines been doing it for about a year also and it went off for a while once i played about with the connections, but now its come back on... sometimes it wont flash but 90% of the time it does

same as mark Smile

if i put in resistors will the airbag light come on and then go out?
[/quote]

Yep if done right
(16-07-2012, 09:19 AM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh I find it odd that one had fired and the other hadn't? But then again it could be that it did fire but didn't work. These things do start to fail with age that's why your supposed to replace them after 10yrs.

Hi all
How do you know when the pre-tensioner has fired? Does it set off airbag?
Also can you remove drivers airbag completely,fit bucket seats, new seatbelts and pass new MOT regs?
Thanks
Russell