306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Non sensor brake calipers wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right as some may know icywalts (Tom) has aquired some gutmann equip alloy wheels the issue is they won't fit over his calipers so I tried them on mine today which is also a hdi but my brakes don't have the wear sensor and the wheels fit fine and don't foul the brakes what Im getting at is had anyone got any non sensor brake calipers going spare/ swap or for sale ???

[attachment=1562][attachment=1563]

And one with the wheels on my car hehehe [attachment=1564][attachment=1565]
Moved to the 'Wanted' section. For future reference buddy if you're looking for parts, that's where threads go. Also I'm guessing you have a HDi but the HDI section is for questions relating to the engines. We have another section called 'Suspension, Handling & Braking' Wink
Cheers pal I'm still new XD getting to grips with it all
No worries, it's no biggie Smile
I can't find it :-( will people responses still show up in this one or will I have to find it in the other section ??
The 'Misc' section towards the bottom of the index. You're in it now if you're reading this thread...your original one redirects here. The redirect will expire tomorrow. At the bottom left of this page there is an option that says 'subscribe to thread' which will either send you a PM or email when someone replies, if you'd prefer to be notified.
Ledgend cheers fella, done XD
Do you mean the brake sensor as in the wires that come out of the brake pads? If so just disconect them and cut the wires off the pads Smile
The actual brake calipers are much larger than the calipers that don't have sensors
Are they 266 or 246 calipers I have a set of 246 off my old 1.6 that can come with gteen stuff pads and ebc grooved disks Smile
I have literally no idea I forgot to look at the part/model number on my
Mates but the piccies on this thread are the ones he is after if that helps
Measure the disc its self they will be 246mm or 266mm if its the 246mm that you need i have a set Smile
Cool I'll do that tomorrow how much would u be asking Goethe calipers discs and pads or you could look him up and PM him his tag is icywalts
I presume you will need them posting postage will probly be £15 to £20 as they are heavy Smile n will sort a price out if they are the rite ones wont be stupid money tho as they are sat in my shed going to waste Smile
Ok pal will let him know and to get in touch
Ok mate i Think its 247mm not 246mm i think most 2.0 hdi came with 266mm but earlyer may have come with 247 Smile
Sweet ill measure mine tomorrow and get him to pm u or smash a comment on here !!
I'm 99% sure all HDis had 266mm discs for what it's worth (I've actually heard all the mid-late phase 3s had 266mm too). And I'm also pretty sure anything phase 2 onwards would have had ABS as standard, so it will either be that the discs are different sizes, or potentially (may be wrong) the callipers were different sizes depending on if you had lucas or bosch...
It's not the abs sensor it's the low
Brake pad warning sensor the caliper is massive compared to mine without the low pad sensor
What size are them wheels aswell mate Smile
They are 15" by 7j not sure on offset
15" should fit strate on any 306 you sure it isnt just spacers you need Smile
Yeah 5mm spacers would do it but he doesn't want to go down that road as its very low on coil overs and the tyres would scrub and I don't think he'd be up for arch rolling as his paint work is immaculate ATM :-(
Ok mate Smile
Hello I'm the chap that's having the issue... I don't need to roll the arches because the difference in offset is absolutely minimal. I the capliers I have are 2mm to big and it's the little notches on the side that rub... I want to keep them on the hub because it's safe and means I get can get keep perfectly balanced wheels!! Plus being 7J I don't want poke I just want them nice and flush.. Obviously they fit ova jukie88s calipers so I need a set of those the backs are fine I just need to run so stretch to squeeze them in the arch!! And my paint work is amazing for the cars age!!!!
[attachment=1576]

[attachment=1577]

[attachment=1578]

[attachment=1580]
If this ebay listing is correct some phase 2 hdi have 247mm Smile
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/306-MK2-HATCHB...4169wt_922
Im pretty sure thats wrong because it has the xsi listed as having 247s but it actually had 266s as well. Same as the s16.
They look like 247 as they are quite different to my 266.
I have a set of 266's in the garage?