306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: OH FFS DONT TRY TO FIX AIRBAG LIGHT!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
nuff said Bollox!
lol

Oh dear :/
Bwahahaha LMFAO

You even predicted that this would happen and still you f*ck it up.

The stupid thing is Ive played with the air bag systems on enough 306s and managed not to set them off yet you the electrics expert manages to fail.
Oh Fuvking LOL !¬!!!!!!1
:clap:
That took you a while.... :L
ROFL, so how did you manage that then??
ok ok maybe i didnt but it had a few laughing for a minuite Wink
so heres a how to what i have done to fix my airbag light

Airbag light quick Fix

recently my airbag light came on and i had a good idea what caused it,
as it was ever since the kids kicked the rear floor mats under the passenger seat
so quick logic pointed me towards the plugs under that seat

so this is a what i did post on how i fixed my problem light

book says to deactivate the system by switching ignition off and disconnect the battery negative terminal and wait five minuites
i didnt do this i just turned the ignition off and waited till i removed the seat bolts Wink

[Image: DSCF9717.jpg]

firstly i had no way of getting under the seat so i unbolted the seat to expose the connectors

[Image: DSCF9727.jpg]

my car is a 2002 hdi and has side chair airbags
the 3 connectors are
orange plug is seatbelt pretensioner.
red plug is side airbag.
yellow plug is side airbag casing earth.

[Image: DSCF9724.jpg]

the yellow plug wire is taped to the red plug loom

[Image: DSCF9725.jpg]

when i tryed the plugs they did feal loose so i believe this is the main problem

on unplugging the airbags red and orange plug the airbag side plug has a clever safety feature which shorts the cable out to stop stray voltages triggering the bag

[Image: DSCF9720.jpg]

on seeing this this, changed the way i was going to fix the plugs, i was just going to cut the plugs off and join the cables but safety features are good so im not going to remove that Wink

so how to make the plugs tighter again!!

[Image: DSCF9721.jpg]

looking at the plug i could see it was a split cylinder so i used a pin to close the tube making a tighter connection

[Image: DSCF9722.jpg]

i plugged the plugs back together refixed the plugs to the seat and tested

[Image: DSCF9726.jpg]

hay presto it fixed my light problem

[Image: DSCF9723.jpg]

just got to rebolt the seat back in now Smile
Good work mate, very clever to notice the safety features. Id of been a pikey and removed the bulb
Was I the only one to notice that wasnt his car to start with? lol
Connor Wrote:Was I the only one to notice that wasnt his car to start with? lol

I noticed first and then everyone else did, scott deleted the comments though to keep people falling for it Wink
Fuvking lol, saw the pic and thought that's not cullys? Who's has he broke haha
Midnightclub Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Was I the only one to notice that wasnt his car to start with? lol

I noticed first and then everyone else did, scott deleted the comments though to keep people falling for it Wink

Ahhh lol silly people
Good effort with setting them off, I would have just removed the bulb as chris said through fear of setting them off Wink
LOL @ the people not reading the whole thread!

Quote:ok ok maybe i didnt but it had a few laughing for a minuite
Lmfao at your location cully
Bloody Typically after laughing at you having to do yours mine has decided to come on so Ive gotta go and fix mine now.
im guesing you will need
a short T20 torx bit and a ratchet spanner that fits the torx

Wink
okay maybe i wont start playing around with my airbags then! ill just take the bulb out instead lol
Tried this today but the damned light still persists. PP is telling me that it's the seatbelt pretensioner.

On my 01X the red cable runs around the side, and the orange goes into the top part of the seat and up to the airbag.
Haha i read the whole thing and still got confused! Wasnt til i read the other comments i realised it wasnt your car though! Damn my shit brain Sad
(20-12-2011, 03:28 PM)David Wrote: [ -> ]okay maybe i wont start playing around with my airbags then! ill just take the bulb out instead lol

id say it was easier just to remove one seat than remove the steeringwheel coweling and surround and the dials etc.
or you could remove the faulty item in PP2000 in airbag config
then the light would work correctly

but the bag or pretensioner wouldn't work so your safety is compromised so think carefully on your options
(09-02-2013, 05:37 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]or you could remove the faulty item in PP2000 in airbag config
then the light would work correctly

but the bag or pretensioner wouldn't work so your safety is compromised so think carefully on your options

Would the above work in an old dt...mot due soon Sad
Is cutting the connectors off and soldering the wires back together a way round this? And also can someone confirm having no bulb in is definitely a MOT fail
Recently passd my MOT with no airbag or abs light
yes cut the plugs off and solder the wires
yes no airbag self check light should be a fail

but each tester may have different ideas
this thread caught me out... AGAIN!
Cheers to this guide, fixed my airbag light Smile

Any tips on the seat bolts between the seat and centre console? The seat seams to overhang so can't get to it straight from above, and ever so fiddly with a wratchet.
Pages: 1 2