306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Good Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I'm a guy from central Finland, Jyväskylä (where the wrc rally's being held).
Currently working on a '94 306 conversion. It (was) an s16 with the 2.0 16valve engine, that went well for 330 000km (around 200 000 miles), last 30 000km driven by me.
Then things went horribly wrong due to a long-term problems with oil pressures which i thought were electronic issues (the oil pressure gauge sometimes went quickly to zero, and then back to normals on hard cornering etc.). Turned out it wasn't, the engine quickly shredded itself to pieces...

Anyway, I soon after that recognized that the s16 -engine was harder to find that I thought... 0 in sale in Finland & Sweden, no point shipping it from further away. I looked in to it and made the decision to use the 2.0 8v turbo engine from an '97 406 (only 2 were in sale in Finland!!) because I thought it'd be pretty much bolt on, except for the wiring and some hoses and pipes.

So now i'm at a point, were the engine is perfectly fitted to the chassis and the gearbox, but that's pretty much all right now. Quickly figured out that the 406 intercooler won't fit at all (it's HUGE), so i'll have to find a different one. The easiest way to do it i reckon would be to build some longer clamps for the radiator so that it'll fit a little bit further back (closer to the engine). That way I could bring the cooler pipes straight from the top of the radiator, since the pipes from the engine come out quite high, practicaly from the top of the engine.
So that'll not be a big issue.
The issue for me right now is the ecu's immobilizer... It'd have to be bypassed but can't find anyone here in Jyväskylä who knows how to do it... And I've understood that it's not the easiest d.i.y electric -sh*t to do.

Anyone done the same conversion? any thoughts, ideas, hints, tips?...

Ps. would've posted in photos if i'd figured out how to...
Welcome along mate, photos can be posted up using photobucket or something of the like or using the forum to host them
welcome! sounds like an epic project!
Here's the ride (poor picture, painted black a few years ago)
[Image: 28082011231.jpg]
Here's no engine
[Image: 10062012432.jpg]
Here's the 2.0 turbo engine (and pretty much the condition of the project right now)
[Image: 15062012433.jpg]
Any ECU's that have immobilizer bypassed from 2.0 turbo? Anyone who knows how to do the job? Can't find anyone to do it in Finland, could ship the whole box to U.K if necessary
Can't see the pics mate but the project sounds interesting :-)

Welcome along! :-)
welcome along mate.
ECU's at a local electrician being sorted out, cables n stuff sorted out. Almost there!!! Just some pipes and some little things, then we'll see if it starts Big Grin
(27-06-2012, 06:59 PM)jaykay Wrote: [ -> ]ECU's at a local electrician being sorted out, cables n stuff sorted out. Almost there!!! Just some pipes and some little things, then we'll see if it starts Big Grin

welcome man. missed this post.

i do like how your spelling and grammar is better than most english/british people. you are most definately very welcome Big Grin
(28-06-2012, 06:19 PM)Andy Wrote: [ -> ]i do like how your spelling and grammar is better than most english/british people. you are most definately very welcome Big Grin
Haha, thank you. Don't know about that, but at least I try... Hard... Big Grin

Pictures from today...

Front lifted (for bolting of the support parts, exhaust etc.):
[Image: 29062012446.jpg]
Electrics, connectors etc. done:
[Image: 29062012447.jpg]
Hello welcome to the peugeot 306 car forum.
Getting the ECU back from the workshop next monday, trying hard to do everything else before that.
Intercooler pipes causing me several problems, but no biggie...
The man who's bypassing the immobilizer said he might be able to boost the turbo up from ~0,65bar to ~0,85bar straight from the ecu. That'd probably be the safest way to do it, since the paperwork tells the authorities that i have ~150bhp (@0,65bar).
Can't wait to have a go in a 306 that has >180bhp and an s16 chassis!!
Finally all the cooling stuff sorted out!
There's not much room in the front... As you can tell from the shape of these pipes I had to make:
[Image: 11072012453.jpg]
New fan fitted:
[Image: 14072012458.jpg]
Front all mounted together:
[Image: vq5cw5.jpg]
A small but thick blackstone cooler (from a saab 900 turbo i think) in a rack that i built. A bit bendy and curvy pipelines but finally got it all together. (Hate those blue silicone bits, all they had in a local store...)
I fixed your images for you in this thread. They weren't appearing as it looks like your image host changed the URLs for the images, it might be worth trying out a different image host as that's what was stopping them from appearing Smile

That's some interesting routing for that intercooler!
welcome!
(24-07-2012, 05:57 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed your images for you in this thread. They weren't appearing as it looks like your image host changed the URLs for the images, it might be worth trying out a different image host as that's what was stopping them from appearing Smile

That's some interesting routing for that intercooler!

no you didnt. not for me anyway...
Yeah... I can't see the pictures Sad
Scott becomes more like Fooby everyday... Confusedhakeshead:
Put the latest one on a new server can you see it now?
Hmm looks like my browser must have been loading from cache. Haha your couch Sam!

The new one works fine.
Welcome Smile
i can still only see the latest intercooler one.................

which, looks awesome!!
Looks good mate Smile

Welcome along!
I've driven around with it for about 100km, problems with cooling now tho. I'll upload pics from below the bonnet once the front is mounted back together.
Meanwhile, pics from the outside: (hope they work this time)
Front grille missing atm
[Image: 2v353l5.jpg]
[Image: i2nif7.jpg]

edit. Almost forgot; about the car!! Lots of torque from very low rpm and it's still @0,65bar. Sounded good, turbo whistling, cooler whistling, engine sounds good. Pretty satifisfied with the results, can't wait to get going for good and to boost it up to 0,85bar. With the torque felt better IMO than an s16 112kw engine, even tho on paper this one has 2kw less atm. More torque tho.