306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: FCS Dyno graph
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those who took their car on the EPIC fail dyno, have you received your graph? I still havn't received my graph.
Was it over or under reading?
Didn't do it on the day?! Seems odd only takes 30secs to print
It may well have been overreading, but then judging by the poor operation and lack of fans, I'd say his dyno is likely to be under anyway. Kinda evens out I guess?
Its got to be under reading. The 1.8 only put out 123 when I know that when driving it its definitely pushing 200! Yeh lack of fans was a bit odd as they could easily have done that! And printing... that would have been easy too! This reminds me... i still have the AC plug for the fans unplugged! Sad

and no i still havent received my print out and the specifically said that it would be sent out on monday!
Tbf can't take a reading if the clutch was slipping surely last time I took the 306 it lost traction on one side and over read by 20bhp if anything a slipping clutch will give a reading way under its potential power?
I know the graph won't be true but would give a good idea of what sort of power it's running.
Does anyone know the company name? They where the same guys as lastyear.
They are same people that were there last year,

They emailed me mine after a week or so...

God knows why the couldnt just print them i said same thing last time, just for speed I think...

There setup was a total hash up / they were missing fans last year (broke when they drove my car on as roller wore thro fan wire) which meant mine / others got red hot last year, and then this year appeared to be no fans what so ever....

On average id say it was over reading a tad, but not to hugely, but that 1.8 made fair bit to much imo,

Obviously your clutch slipping will totall ruin your graph, but will be correct up until the point it slips, which is obviously also the point of peak torque...time for new clutch / run on reliable local dyno!
AS soon as this clutch is sorted i'm going to max out the pump and chuck in on the local dyno.
I'll be planning on getting a solenoid to activate the LDA so it won't be running full power all the time.
Dunno, whether Sam would be up for it but if I decide to reinsure the golf I'm gonna take it to a decent rolling road round here, Sam can come with me and do his 1.8 too so you can compare it to the fcs rollers result. Smile
Max we should get a rolling road meet on the go for us southerners!
Yeah! Lets get a meet sorted at a dyno! Big Grin
There is a good one in portsmouth.

Main a VW and Audi tuner, Curt has used them for his car.
I wouldn't mind putting my 6 on the dyno actually..
I wanted to put mine on at FCS, but with no fans and wheel making funny noises I'm glad I didn't. Needs to be done!
Max; When will the 205 be ready for a dyno run?
As soon as he gets another clutch bolted in there Smile
(20-06-2012, 11:49 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as he gets another clutch bolted in there Smile

I guess that would make sense...!

Hurry up Max!
Only take few hours to change out once he gets it,
(19-06-2012, 10:10 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]They are same people that were there last year,

God knows why the couldnt just print them i said same thing last time, just for speed I think...

There setup was a total hash up / they were missing fans last year (broke when they drove my car on as roller wore thro fan wire) which meant mine / others got red hot last year, and then this year appeared to be no fans what so ever....

On average id say it was over reading a tad, but not to hugely, but that 1.8 made fair bit to much imo,

Obviously your clutch slipping will totall ruin your graph, but will be correct up until the point it slips, which is obviously also the point of peak torque...time for new clutch / run on reliable local dyno!

what are you on about Darren. It was definitely under reading to get 123 TMI
(20-06-2012, 11:53 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]Only take few hours to change out once he gets it,

Wish it took me that long. Inlove lol
(20-06-2012, 12:03 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2012, 10:10 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: [ -> ]They are same people that were there last year,

what are you on about Darren. It was definitely under reading to get 123 TMI

Arnt they 113 stock or something though?
I think the fact it made 123hp is proof in the pudding that the GTi6 manifold isn't all it's cracked up to be!
There 112bhp as standard although every time I've heard of them being tested standard before, they have run 120ish. Wouldn't supprise me if pug under quoted. They have done it before in other cars!
Sams only made 108bhp last time though lol........
on a different dyno no doubt tom. theres no point compare before and after results on different dynos.
True but they shouldn't be that far out lol.....
only 10% ish, not that bad
They can be miles out. Hell, you can fiddle the result to double if you wanted to.
(20-06-2012, 03:00 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]They can be miles out. Hell, you can fiddle the result to double if you wanted to.

But surely they're all calibrated to the same lol?? Oterwise a dyno graph/reading is completely pointless (just as pointless as the one for the golf haha).
Pages: 1 2