306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New Features!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So guys,

As you've probably seen in Fooby's announcement (and even logging on to the forum), we have a new version of the forum for you Smile

We expect there to be some teething issues, but if you see anything, report the particular post or put up a thread in the feeback section and we'll deal with it ASAP.

Quick rundown of some of the new features:
Proper quick reply - no more 'post submitted' threads etc
Quoting - automatic removing of nested quotes (no more manual editing to remove quotes to get around the limits)
Quoting - link back to the original quote
Quoting - highlight a section of a post that you want to quote, click the quote button and only that section will be there!
Quoting - multi-quote available directly on the forum pages
Themes - theme changer at the bottom! There are currently two themes, one based on the 306V1 theme, and another which is the same layout but plain black and white. More will be added in due course.

and of course...

Rep! You all know what that one is Wink

There are a few more you might see as you use the forum more, but we hope you like the new forum. Get searching to find all those posts you said you'd rep Big Grin
Repped! ..... Oh wait..............

......Oh wait!
Scott i cannot find the feedback section so i will post hear

What happend to the donator under the user name Smile
We changed settings to a few areas temporarily, but you should be able to see it at the bottom of the page now?

Donator status is coming back too, in the update we did lose some of the groups and titles. We're working through those too Smile
I deserve more than 1 star Sad
what do the stars mean? how do i get my sig back ( or a new one?)
Well done lads. Looks good Smile
Oooooo look at da shiny shiny!!

EDIT: like the new titles lol. Slight hitch, probably just me being dense/blind, but how do you go about repping somebody..?
its next to the find button witch is next to your pm button. try it on me if you like. lol
It's shit.
Im being blind then lol, cheers bud!
Im gonna stick my neck out and say now its live i dont like this version, prefered the old one.

Oh and wheres the staff section?
Staff section isn't up yet, some more fettling is required for that! As Phoebe would say...

Seriously though, you all wanted rep and other things sorted out, they boys have now done it and now people are complaining? This is shiny!! It will take a bit of getting used to, there's a few things to be ironed out (just like when the site first went live), just give it some time!!
Any clarification as to what the stars mean?
The theme isn't brilliant if I'm honest but I can see the benefits of the new software. Theme is easy to change end of day. Some of the features aren't.
I'm a fan. Really like the new forum overall , much easier to use on my phone.
(15-06-2012, 09:35 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Im gonna stick my neck out and say now its live i dont like this version, prefered the old one.

Well given that as a staff member you had ample opportunity to voice any concerns re the layout and even help steer the development of the new forum during the 3-4months we've all been bug-testing it, I wouldn't be surprised if you've lost your staff membership with a comment like that within the 1st 24hours of it going live....

Honestly, some people....
/awaits thread titled "Guide: How to upset a fellow staff member"

(15-06-2012, 10:30 AM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a fan. Really like the new forum overall , much easier to use on my phone.

With your one working finger?
Only gripes I have are that all threads start at the begining as they are all new posts as far as this new forum is concerned but I can live with that, and many avatars and sigs seem to have gone? also whats the crack with the stars? I'm confused! lol ah and I need to learn the smilies again.

Other than that I like it! easy to use and looks good Smile
Mark, just mark all forums read, that seemed to sort that for me
(15-06-2012, 12:03 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]Mark, just mark all forums read, that seemed to sort that for me

Hahaha, enough marks in there? Tongue

I would but its odd, it seems to be fine for some threads but not others? meh, I will live with it, overall its loads better IMO
It will show the thread start initially, but the 'Unread posts' part will still show when you get to the relevant Page, and this will only happen once. Not sure about the avatars to be honest, I think we just overlooked it when we were testing I'm afraid.

The same bbcode will be used for smilies I think, I just need to add some of the custom ones back in Smile
Good work ! I wondered why my tapatalk had a shitfit !
(15-06-2012, 12:23 PM)Toxic-Jake Wrote: [ -> ]Good work ! I wondered why my tapatalk had a shitfit !

Lol, that reminds me, tapatalk is broken too :p
(15-06-2012, 10:53 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-06-2012, 09:35 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Im gonna stick my neck out and say now its live i dont like this version, prefered the old one.

Well given that as a staff member you had ample opportunity to voice any concerns re the layout and even help steer the development of the new forum during the 3-4months we've all been bug-testing it, I wouldn't be surprised if you've lost your staff membership with a comment like that within the 1st 24hours of it going live....

Honestly, some people....

I liked it during the testing and that. I didnt put alot of input in as I really had nothing to add and you all know i f*cking hate computers, if it wasnt for car forums I wouldnt own a computer.

Had a think about why I dont like it now and I think some of the colours are too close and the flurry of new buttons (without scott or fooby on the phone to hold my hand) has got me scared.

Also without avatars and sigs its made it look alot more texty without the clean look of some forums but now theyer coming back im liking it again.

also ive changed it to the not for SRowell colour scheme and thats made me happy.
I like it, as Kimmie says....its "shiney"! Big Grin

Add another query for what the stars mean, doesnt seem to be any rhyme nor reason to how many people have got.....that i can tell anyway! Wink
Stars? What stars? They weren't actually meant to be in here still, so they've been removed Smile

Regarding colours in the theme, I'm happy to have a play about with the theme and make everyone (or as many as people possible) happy with the new forum.
(15-06-2012, 03:48 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Stars? What stars? They weren't actually meant to be in here still, so they've been removed Smile

lmao

Fair play, i was liking the fact that i had 4 stars! Sad
If you're lucky I might put 4 in your sig for you lol
speaking of sigs, why can i not update it. I want to take out the :thumbup: bit, as there isnt a :thumbup: smiley any more, so want to replace it with a Big Grin smiley, but it tells me there are "too many images". I can only see 1, or is the quote counted as an image as well? Huh

EDIT: Scratch that, it seems that the smileys count as images. Confused
Pages: 1 2