306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Car Covers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right.

No comments about how anal I am. I like bum, get over it.

I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with having to park the car under quite a few large overhanging trees in the only carpark not in front of my house. If I park in front of my house, I'm unfortunately therefore right next to my neighbours; a 4yearold with his first bike, and a 10yearold who 'polishes' his parents car with water and a sponge....

I don't fancy an bike-shaped dents in the '6, or any extensive swirling/gashing of the paintwork, but equally I'm fed up of cleaning bird shit off the car, along with all the other resin and crap trees drop.

Therefore, as I see it, my only solution is to get a car cover.

which in itself is another mine-field.

I aint getting some universal jobbie with horrid seams that scratch the car to death.

So. Can anyone recommend a decent semi-fitted or properly fitted car cover which wont cause my bank manager to burst into tears, before chasing me out of his office...?

So far i've found the following, but they're fairly pricey!

http://www.everycarcovered.com/699-306-h...onvertible

http://www.carcoverzone.co.uk/peugeot-306-c-62_950.html
i have this very problem... often thought about sitting on my roof with a gun and shooting all the feckin birds and little bastards on their scooters but some people may see that as wrong.
kingy Wrote:i have this very problem... often thought about sitting on my roof with a gun and shooting all the feckin birds and little bastards on their scooters but some people may see that as wrong.
I'd rather be doing that than pay £150 for a cover :o gosh that's expensive. I'd only think about £30
Tbh, they usually do more damage to a car than leaving it exposed. Car covers are great - indoors, for keep dust off in museums, otherwise, don't bother.
Ed man up! Get a pack of bird shit wipes in the car - problem solved!
Ed buy some tarpaulin and make a lean too. Lol
You'd be better off building a bunker to house it in.

/Awaiting thread titled "How do I protect my 6 from nuclear way" followed by "I think my engine is tapping, do you think it's the radioactive fuel?" whistle
I've heard that anything less than 104 Ron petrol does indeed make a gti tap like mad......

True story
"where should I store this gazebo for optimum weight distribution?"

Followed by

"guide: fitting compbrake ballast adjustable gazebo"
cwspellowe Wrote:"where should I store this gazebo for optimum weight distribution?"

Followed by

lmao
cwspellowe Wrote:"where should I store this gazebo for optimum weight distribution?"

Followed by

lol

Don't forget:
"Gazebo feeling lumpy and not working correctly"

Followed by

"I forgot to put it up"
car covers can causes the paint work to sweat and lift the lacquer also not to mention scratches they can leave
Cut the trees down job done.
Any lockups near you ?
lmao this has gone well, and I like Kingy's idea.................
http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalo ... MsBEPMCMAQ

Cheaper than the car cover, and you can burn the wood to keep warm!
Jonny81191 Wrote:http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog...MsBEPMCMAQ

Cheaper than the car cover, and you can burn the wood to keep warm!

HAHA loving this!
Cut down the trees mate, easiest option.
as said - chainsaw cut the tree down, plus firewood for the winter!
and cutting trees down is fun
Wow. Just Wow. welcome to trolloc.co.uk lol

So in summary the genuine responses on this subject, it appears a carcover is not a good idea?

Ghey I was hoping it would do the trick whilst its raining just to avoid having to put it in harms way near the kids :S
with paintwork like yours its going to get blown around and swirl it everywhere surely? just build a garage in your front room, then you can sit in your car all night!
Man up and build yourself a garage.
Ed Doe Wrote:Wow. Just Wow. welcome to trolloc.co.uk lol

So in summary the genuine responses on this subject, it appears a carcover is not a good idea?

Ghey I was hoping it would do the trick whilst its raining just to avoid having to put it in harms way near the kids :S

Also, a car cover isn't going to stop the kid from riding into the car
^^no,but I wouldn't put a cover on it if it was in front of the house, as it's then not under trees getting sap and bird crap on it...

The cover idea is purely to prevent the above when I park it in the carpark behind the house away from the kids...

I think I'll have to find myself a local unit/garage to put it... Gah more moneys!
Ed Doe Wrote:^^no,but I wouldn't put a cover on it if it was in front of the house, as it's then not under trees getting sap and bird crap on it...

The cover idea is purely to prevent the above when I park it in the carpark behind the house away from the kids...

I think I'll have to find myself a local unit/garage to put it... Gah more moneys!

I have to park in a car park on the sea front every day for work, surrounded by seagulls with nothing better to do than shit everywhere, just clean it off when you get home at the end of the day - it's caused me no problem and is FAR cheaper than renting a garage! Also at home we have a massive tree outside the house which covers the car in crap, again just clean it off - don't waste your money on a garage when you could save the money for beer or fuel

We don't own trolls, we ARE trolls.

/troll
Curt Wrote:

We don't own trolls, we ARE trolls.

/troll

lmao
I was hoping for this thread to lead to a good car cover... :/
MissTait_GTI6 Wrote:I was hoping for this thread to lead to a good car cover... :/
You mean you were hoping to find a thread that relates to the title? On this forum?
lmao
We're all far too easily distracted for that haha
samass Wrote:
MissTait_GTI6 Wrote:I was hoping for this thread to lead to a good car cover... :/
You mean you were hoping to find a thread that relates to the title? On this forum?
lmao
We're all far too easily distracted for that haha

Distracted? I'm not easily distracted thank you very squirrel.
Pages: 1 2