306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 2000 GTi-6 remote locking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
remove
IIRC the RF remotes (as in the newer ones not the I/R ones) are a Peugeot Dealer job fella, I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that is the case!
Yeah the phase3's at RF keys not IR these are stightly differnt on the casing to (no LED) it will prob need re coding if its been out of use for a few weeks
Its either a main dealer job or a cheaper option would be an auto electrician, but in either case you need the transmitter code. You can buy the code for about £20 iirc from pug
Firstly before you go shelling out cash, try resyncing it (which sometimes has to be done after a battery change)

Unlock the car and put the key in the ignition. Turn to the second click (all dash lights on) and press the big button on the key several times. Turn ignition off and remove key and try locking the car with it.
Mine died after jump starting, no idea why's gone wrong lol
NiallHarper Wrote:Firstly before you go shelling out cash, try resyncing it (which sometimes has to be done after a battery change)

Unlock the car and put the key in the ignition. Turn to the second click (all dash lights on) and press the big button on the key several times. Turn ignition off and remove key and try locking the car with it.

and do you do all that with the key you want to use?
Do it with any of the keys that are programmed to the car. It doesn't program them. Just resyncs them.
I've been and tried it... no joy.
Try it a few times as it can take a couple of goes but if it doesn't work, you could have a faulty key or control module Sad
Pop in to a garage to check the key is giving off an RF signal
It's not the end of the world tbh, as I'm tempted to get a toad / clifford off ebay and wire it in.... It would just be nice if it did, indeed, work.

so open doors with key, key in ignition to lights on, press button a bunch of times, key out and try locking doors.

I'll go try again a couple more times.
Tried mine to and mines fecked