306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: FUUUUU
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ARGH right after getting my shit together and tackling the HG, i've just found out Gav can't find the log book, which means I can't tax the car myself.

Could tax it online but it would be sent to Gav's, again not a problem while I sort out the V5 but he's away on holiday on Saturday for a week.

Is my only hope to MOT and insure it this week, tax it online and hope it gets to his by Saturday so he can get it to me?
Is it currently sorned or?
Aye it's SORN'ed
Ah.. I think doing it online could be your only option then and just hope for the best that it arrives in time!
Aye but it needs MOT and insurance before then. And it currently has no head fitted Sad

Busy day today I think!
If you can get the head sorted then you can drive it to an MOT if it's insured as long as you only drive it there, then as long as it passes then you could get it insured, tax could take up to 5 days but in my experience it's usually around 3 days
True, just have to hope this head gasket fixes the problems. Also need somewhere to MOT it at short notice, f*cking Jubilee ruining everything...
Fingers crossed for you mate!
Cheers bud, especially as I just checked online and it could take up to 6 weeks for a new log book! If Gav can find it then we're home and dry, if he can't i'm pretty much fecked...
Well surely even if you tax it, it won't matter as it will show on the database you have it? You just explain it hasn't arrived yet...
Nope, i thought i could do this for the 6' but they only give you the 5 day leeway if the tax has just run out, if it's been sorned you can't drive it till you have a tax disc in the window or you'll get a fine for not displaying the tax disc Sad I had to go into the post office to tax mine
Get it taxed online then print out the receipt and keep it in the car for Mr plod if the need arises
I know its an offence to not display a valid tax disk but if you've ordered it and have a receipt then they shouldn't do anything as your waiting to receive it still
Exactly as phil says. Surely? Cause if you pay for tax it's not longer sorn'd.
Midnightclub Wrote:Nope, i thought i could do this for the 6' but they only give you the 5 day leeway if the tax has just run out, if it's been sorned you can't drive it till you have a tax disc in the window or you'll get a fine for not displaying the tax disc Sad I had to go into the post office to tax mine

It's at officers discretion apparently. I got stopped with no tax, I had it the holder fell on the floor. Absolutely sound guy, I asked what's the longest you can go while "waiting" for tax disc to arrive, he said anything between 5-14day we can let you off Wink winnar!
Just flutter your eyebrows Wink
That's correct it won't longer be sorned, you won't get done for having no tax but you would get done for not displaying a valid tax disc (£250 fine?) I checked it out on the DVLA site the other day when i taxed the 6' because i had to literally run to the post office to do it in time!

If the tax had just run out and you ordered a new one they give you 5 days to display the valid tax disc.. you don't get that same courtesy if the car was sorned though and have to wait to drive it until the disc is displayed unless you want a fine

However.. once it's taxed it won't flag up on ANPR so it would be entirely down to luck as to whether or not you'd be pulled for it....

EDIT: Unless you have a really sound copper as Matt says in which case you could get lucky
Or flash your cock Wink prob get done for indecency rather than having no tax haha
Matt Wrote:Or flash your cock Wink prob get done for indecency rather than having no tax haha

lol I don't know what's worse!

I would risk it and do what cheese did.. Leave a note Tongue
Two
Small issues with taxing online- firstly the dvla are closed till Wednesday, do chances of them processing it by the end of the week are slim

Secondly I don't think You can tax a sorn car omline
I have the sorn from my '6 here .. And there is 4 ways to re tax . Online, phone, post office or dvla office.
I need the document ref number from the v5 or reminder inorder to tax online. So that's that out the window.
Could get the previous owner to tax it for you then mail you the tax next day delivery?