306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 hdi intercooler set up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
does anyone know or have a 306 hdi intercooler set up for sale? not many people selling them, prob why its hard to find one Big Grin
Just make your own setup mate
was going to but it always easier when its done for you then all you gota do it fit it lol
True, it'll work out cheaper if you do it yourself though.. took us around 10 hours from start to finish making it out of a universal kit on my one though.
how hard was it to get the inlet arm off and get to the turbo? iv had a look and a little mess about but WOW its tight! cant move or only get one hand in. what did you take off to get to things? sorry about all the questions but just trying to get as much advise as pos
10 hours! :-0 mine was 2 lol then about an hour bodging a pipe so it doesn't keep blowing off
any help? lol
My pipework was all done by scratch though mate, are you on about upping the boost mf so then you do it from underneath
4WayDiablo Wrote:10 hours! :-0 mine was 2 lol then about an hour bodging a pipe so it doesn't keep blowing off

I reckon you've underestimated your time spent fixing blown boost pipes there.... Wink

@ OP; have you had a good read of the guides on this?
Not meaning to hijack, but saves me starting up a new post.
Just got a intercooler of ebay for good price however inlet pipe on the right hand side is pointing up and down on the left hand side , the opposite to what would be ideal so I have two ideas on how to solve and was wondering what people would think would be best

Idea 1 : use 45 degree bends to get the ends pointing the opposite directions like so
[Image: idea2fx.jpg]

Idea 2 : use the direction of the inlet and run pipe along the top and bottom of the intercooler
[Image: idea1w.jpg]
Another option could be to run the pipe under the cross member.. could be an issue if the car is low though
how much of a pain was it getting the pipe off and on the turbo and putting the 406 inlet arm on?
and seen that intercooler before but looks to messy lol
Poodle Wrote:
4WayDiablo Wrote:10 hours! :-0 mine was 2 lol then about an hour bodging a pipe so it doesn't keep blowing off

I reckon you've underestimated your time spent fixing blown boost pipes there.... Wink

ok then there was a few hours of trying to wedge the wrong pipe into a hole that was too small lol, which is why it kept popping but now ive got the right part on there.... lol
Giggidy..!

Didn't realise it was one off those, Steve, could be a bit of a faff...
Getting the original turbo pipe off has to be the most difficult thing to do for a FMIC conversion IMO.. we had to hack mine appart
Poodle Wrote:Giggidy..!

Didn't realise it was one off those, Steve, could be a bit of a faff...

well there's option 3, cut the inlets so they facing backwards.
You'd lose the bead by doing that though so could have issues with the boost pipes popping off
As above, will have a look though if you like to see what we can do. I'm off for the next two days if you're about?
It hasn't arrived yet thanks to the double bank holiday won't be about til at least wednesday? Could always go silverlake Tuesday to get the 406 inlet ?
Anyone know how you stop boost pipes from popping off constantly ? I wanna get a fmic but my mates always popping off ?? Any suggestions
Check the guide section - fmic threads.

You'll either want to get some decent clamps or make the metal pipes more grippy.
I've heard people mention spray hairspray on it as well? helps stick them together or something
Are you tightening them screwdriver tight or socket ? When mine kept popping it was because i was tightening by hand with a screwdriver soon as i used a socket with screwdriver attachment it stopped popping
Steve find some onwle to weld ally. Cut them off and reweld may cost you 20notes but time and hassle saved itll be worth it
I'm also setting up a fmic. Have I got everything covered?
Intercooler
2 X 90 degree silicone elbows
1 X 45 silicone bend
Piping kit with all pipe needed, clamps and 8 silicone straights
406 elbow
C5 bottom pipe
90 degree reducer elbow for turbo

Is there anything I've missed?
As has been said countless times in other threads; we can't tell you what will fit, it depends on your install. Those piping kits are normally fairly comprehensive, so you should be fine.
Aaron- I've just fitted a fmic it all depends on what way you won't to run your pipes I had it all planed in my head what way I was planning to do mine but when it come down to it, I done it totally different way.by what you've put up that you have I'd say you need some more 90• bends.