306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 1.8 16v PH3 Meridian cold start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick vid I made a few days ago

https://youtu.be/cXchOyjZ1PU
You got it running then. Looks in decent condition n sounds like it's running well now. What was the no-start issue?
(25-04-2021, 11:37 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: [ -> ]You got it running then. Looks in decent condition n sounds like it's running well now. What was the no-start issue?

Haha indeed! At long last...

Ended up ordering a whole ECU kit; engine ECU, immobiliser box, transponder, new keys, and ignition barrel. Luckily one came up for the exact same car so was the closest match possible. Still since buying that I haven't seen another matching kit so I feel lucky managing to find that. I suspect it was a corrupted ECU and/or failed immobiliser box. 

It actually drives really well, just done a service on it and fitted some new alloys with the correct size tyres. Just needs new clutch cable and maybe clutch kit as its very stiff atm, but otherwise all good!

Great little car and this 1.8 unit feels really strong for a fully standard 20year old 306. 

Is it a pain to lower the rear of these? Might get some front suspension for it in a few months, but then will also want to lower the rear a bit as it does sit quite high...

Cheers
Lowering with torsion bars is simple in theory...

But everything will be seized solid and the bearings will be knackered now. I wouldn't want to be tackling it on a 20 year old 306 myself.
As above, unless the beam has been replaced / apart recently then removing the torsion bars is likely to be a complete pig. I've done a couple now (first here Rear beam ...the good and the bad (306oc.co.uk) and they required a lot of heat, hammering, pullers, more hammering, swearing.  Some have to resort to 20 tonne presses. It never would have been possible with the beam on the car so unless you're prepared to potentially remove the whole beam n open up a can of worms around bearings & worn beam tubes I'd leave it be. Also, some of the parts, like offset washers, aren't that easy to get hold of now.  I know of one beam rebuilder who was getting them specially made.