306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 S16 engine with GTi6 inlet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I hope y'all are doing fine.

I'm about to swap my S16 inlet to the gti6 one. I really don't know what to do with the oil filler thing...

Anyone did the same and has some pictures of it, please?

I guess the vacuum hoses I've it sorted. The brake booster vacuum hose connects directly to the vacuum pump?
I've sorted this out, just left it hanging for the time being
Had to google some pictures. Looks like youll have to do something custom. Ive not seen someone swap the manifolds before.
I fitted a gti6 inlet on an S16 12 years ago when I fitted one into a 205 for a lad in Bristol, he had bought the engine without an inlet and had been told it would fit, bit of a faff but all in it worked fine and went like stink.

never found out if it was any different.
(09-05-2020, 04:17 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]I fitted a gti6 inlet on an S16 12 years ago when I fitted one into a 205 for a lad in Bristol, he had bought the engine without an inlet and had been told it would fit, bit of a faff but all in it worked fine and went like stink.

never found out if it was any different.

Yeah, I just struggled with the PAS pipe next to the pump. Mine idles better than before to be honest. Don't know when driving, I have no brakes yet xD Fitted the T4 master
idle wouldn't have been any different as its the same idle valve and same ecu, but there's a fair few vacuum pipes on the rfy inlet that could cause issues, map sensor is on a tube too as its inside the ecu.
(13-05-2020, 08:42 PM)welshpug Wrote: [ -> ]idle wouldn't have been any different as its the same idle valve and same ecu, but there's a fair few vacuum pipes on the rfy inlet that could cause issues, map sensor is on a tube too as its inside the ecu.

Probably had some bad vacuum pipes before