306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 306 Cabriolet Alarm Unit location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I've got a P plate 306 cabriolet, I hadn't driven it for a couple of months and so had to recharge the battery. Fitted the charged battery and the indicators came on permanently (not flashing, solidly lit). After a couple of miles driving the fault disappeared, but the battery lost its charge again very quickly. Replaced the battery and found it doesn't hold its charge for more than a week. 
Came home the other night and saw the car sat on my drive with the near side indicators permanently lit. I'm guessing the alarm module is faulty - have removed the interior side panel behind the driver's seat as instructed in other posts to access the module but I can't see it anywhere. Does my diagnosis sound correct and where can I find the alarm module? Many thanks.
Electrics 'ain't my area of expertise & this is just from what I've read elsewhere. You may find the central locking / alarm module under the upright part of the rear seat.  http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=50366 .  May be different on cabriolet though.

Even though it sounds like you're on the right track have you already checked which circuit the parasitic draw is occurring on?
Should also have asked ...have you confirmed the battery is in good condition?  A weak battery can cause a lot of weird symptoms.
alarm sounders are the favorite for killing batteries as they fill with water
they also have a small set of batteries in them which are always powered to charge

the alarm box on a ph2 is like you say drivers B post behind the panel above the seat belt reel maybe different on a cab

the alarm box and the C/L box are seperate on PH2 combined on PH3 but both control the indicators
^^^ Ignore me n listen to Cully. He's definitely the man when it comes to electrics!!! Smile
(18-03-2019, 08:39 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: [ -> ]Should also have asked ...have you confirmed the battery is in good condition?  A weak battery can cause a lot of weird symptoms.

Brand new battery in two weeks ago, already back out and on charge. Many thanks.

(18-03-2019, 09:17 AM)Scully Wrote: [ -> ]alarm sounders are the favorite for killing batteries as they fill with water
they also have a small set of batteries in them which are always powered to charge

the alarm box on a ph2 is like you say drivers B post behind the panel above the seat belt reel maybe different on a cab

the alarm box and the C/L box are seperate on PH2 combined on PH3 but both control the indicators

Many thanks, I'll have another hunt around at the weekend