306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: .4 gearbox change upgrade info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, has anyone with the 1.4 meridan changed the gearbox for better acceleration. And does the 106 quicksilver gearbox fit. I was told it would change the ratio and lose top end which I'm not fussed about. Or does anyone have a recommendation on which box would be an upgrade for the standard box.

Cheers Harvey
I fitted a 206 one, more for the reason that the old box was knackered. I think it's got a slightly longer third.

Don't think you'll massively improve a 1.4s acceleration with a shorter box though.
I fitted a slightly later 1.4 one that had a lower final drive which helped somewhat - 4.54 vs the original 4.29 - but mine was a single linkage box, not the late 3 linkage, so my options were pretty limited. It was really only because the box was perfect inside versus looking at many that were half shot.
(04-03-2019, 05:16 PM)Alan_M Wrote: [ -> ]I fitted a 206 one, more for the reason that the old box was knackered. I think it's got a slightly longer third.

Don't think you'll massively improve a 1.4s acceleration with a shorter box though.

(05-03-2019, 04:59 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]I fitted a slightly later 1.4 one that had a lower final drive which helped somewhat - 4.54 vs the original 4.29 - but mine was a single linkage box, not the late 3 linkage, so my options were pretty limited. It was really only because the box was perfect inside versus looking at many that were half shot.
I think you deleted your message by mistake there Big Grin
(06-03-2019, 12:27 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]I think you deleted your message by mistake there Big Grin

(05-03-2019, 04:59 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]I fitted a slightly later 1.4 one that had a lower final drive which helped somewhat - 4.54 vs the original 4.29 - but mine was a single linkage box, not the late 3 linkage, so my options were pretty limited. It was really only because the box was perfect inside versus looking at many that were half shot.
... doh Smile