306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Glow plug relay - help please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’ve had a search but can’t find anything..

Has anyone got a pin out or wiring diagram for the glow plug relay please?
(18-12-2018, 10:39 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve had a search but can’t find anything..

Has anyone got a pin out or wiring diagram for the glow plug relay please?

This any good for you?

[attachment=31824]
if you are despret you can use a hdi relay but the dash light will not light up but the glow plugs will
I am very interested in thiis, mine has had an aftermarket timer fitted I think, It has a red led and an adjustment for post timing.
The NR (yellow) wire had a poorly fitted large size spade connector, and had been getting hot, came off in my hands.
The circuit has a pump, so 1997 on, but must include HDI extras there. Maybe also the 'all or nothing EGR valve' dont know what that would do.
I appreciate the image, Uberderv and if you have more related to my 1999 XUDT would be great to have stored in flash while travelling.
Cheers, Ronald
Maybe this is for the Lucas system. I'll see what else is n the book.
I see 14 is an advance corrector relay, so maybe the pump unit /is/ the mechanical injection pump after all. I dont have my 306 nearby to check, but I can recall extra wires going to the engine injection pump, compared to my old 405's. Quite a bit of extra complexity there. I guess it is possible that some xud 306 had more emissions stuff fitted for other countries also.
Edit: Yes, I found by google mention that the advance mechanism is for lucas pumps.
I will attach the equivalent diagram for a 405, and it has an advance relay too.
Interesting how the tacho sensor is referred to as a TDC sensor, maybe this could be used staticly to find top dead centre for no 1 (or 4 ).
Ronald