306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Newbie with HDI meridian
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone.

Just brought a 2001 meridian 2.0 HDI with 76000 miles on the clock.

I drove it back from nuneaton to sleaford which is about 80 miles and did 70 - 80mph on the A46 on the way back.

I then did a couple of other 12 miles trips and then a 40 mile trip on A roads not ragging it at all 60mph max and not accelerating to fast.

it turns out after brimming it again I only got 36mpg!! 

Any ideas why this could be? I'm thinking it needs a service as the last one recorded in the service history book is at 57000 miles. It could have been serviced since but there is no paperwork to prove.

I've had a look around and cant see any fuel leaks or anything.

Loving the car though it pulls well and has great retro looks.

i've had a 205 and 309 in the past so its great to be back in an old pug!

Plans are to get a decat and remove the back box and have a middle box as the back box and get a stage 1 map.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the mpg front.

Rich.

resized pic hopefully works haha
Great to see another local 306 owner! Sucks about mpg, like you say start with a good service with quality oils
where about are you bud?
welcome aboard!
Welcome to the forum. Thats a pretty good find you've got there with them miles on it. Very rare to find any 306s that low.

As for you MPG i would say that is very low. In my daily i never seem to get below 45mpg. I would say get fully serviced and i reckon you could have a maf issue causing the poor MPG.
(26-09-2018, 06:53 PM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to the forum. Thats a pretty good find you've got there with them miles on it. Very rare to find any 306s that low.

As for you MPG i would say that is very low. In my daily i never seem to get below 45mpg. I would say get fully serviced and i reckon you could have a maf issue causing the poor MPG.

Thanks bud how much is a MAF and do I need a genuine Peugeot one or can I get one from eBay? 

Yeah I’m really happy with the low miles and how it drives apart from the poor MPG!
It is definitely worth getting a genuine VDO one, there not cheap but cheap MAFs are not worth bothering with in my opinion.

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Peuge...dd0&000009

Currently about £90 with discount code

Even cheaper on GSF with discount code for 60% off. Premium which i think would be a VDO one is about £66 https://www.gsfcarparts.com/parts/fuel-e...ass-sensor