306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Car bought from Garage, new MOT issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bought a CR-V (2006) from a garage last week. They advertised it as a car that had been well maintained regardless of cost.

Its due to be delivered in a few hours, they've MOT'ed it, and the following has come up.
Repair as soon as possible (minor defects):
  • Offside Front Suspension component ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated (5.3.4 (b) (i))

• Nearside Front Suspension component ball joint dust cover severely deteriorated (5.3.4 (b) (i))

• Windscreen damaged but not adversely affecting driver's view (3.2 (a) (i))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
  • Offside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement rear bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))

• Nearside Front Suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement rear bush (5.3.4 (a) (i))

• Front tyres bald on edges
The windscreen I knew about, they said they'd replace it if it failed the MOT. The initial guy I spoke to said they'd replace it anyway, but the salesman who I spoke to the 2nd time said they'd only do that if it failed an MOT.

However, it does appear to have a lot of problems. What should I do? Am I going to have to sort those problems myself?
Im too negative it seems! Rang them ready to rant, and they said they'd replace both front suspension arms for me.

Should probably get them checked.....
they are all advisories; not bad enough to fail an mot test, but they have to be noted for future reference.