306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: It's that time again!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im currently sitting in the mot waiting room. What do we reckon?
I'm convinced the cat is broken so reckon it will fail!
Good luck buddy, fingers crossed it passes after all the work you've put into it!
Failed. Emissions big time and sub frame mountings. Think I'm just going to get rid to be honest. I'm loosing patience with this car now.
this is a shame - please don't scrap the engine i MAYBE interested ninja
To be fair buddy your rings still aren't really bedded in AND your exhaust is probably coked up Sad
Scott Wrote:AND your exhaust is probably coked up Sad

but arn't the emissions tested PRE exhaust, lambda end? :think:
dont scrap it dude, you've put too much into it by now!
im free all of next week (other than when im doing my car) and im more than happy to help out with working on it to get it ready for a retest
You can't scrap it, its by far my favourite looking car on the forum ):
Tbh I'm not sure if the subframe mountings are rotten but if they are that will cost a fair bit to weld.
The emissions failed on every single thing so even a new cat won't fix that.
Ecu is on its way out and will need a new coilpack.
There's a nice gTi6 just round the corner from me on 77k in china. Looks mint but I will see. Need to find 1400 quid from somewhere.
ah i see, so it was rust? how bout a subframe from the scrapper? lot of work, but not a lot of cash...

or, theres that s16 that just popped uo for sale...
Niall Wrote:Tbh I'm not sure if the subframe mountings are rotten but if they are that will cost a fair bit to weld.
The emissions failed on every single thing so even a new cat won't fix that.
Ecu is on its way out and will need a new coilpack.
There's a nice gTi6 just round the corner from me on 77k in china. Looks mint but I will see. Need to find 1400 quid from somewhere.

Last year I failed an MOT on emissions after having a new cat fitted a week before, I explained and showed him the receipt and he let it slide as he knew it would settle down in time.
You've put a lot of time and effort into your car to just abandon it! I'm sure you can fix it
ginge191 Wrote:
Scott Wrote:AND your exhaust is probably coked up Sad

but arn't the emissions tested PRE exhaust, lambda end? :think:
erm, have you never seen them in the mot shove the probe up the tail pipe?
Niall, give me a ring about any bits you need from the 6.
We'll sort it out this weekend if you like?
what a situation mate. i know how you feel about getting rid, its a hard one.
if you have fell out of love then i say get the 6. good luck.
If you want we'll pick up a new subframe for you this weekend? If the ECU is playing up and you have a dodgy coilpack then that could well be the culprit as well mate! I know it's frustrating but you're so close Sad
pain in the arse for you Niall, can you not sorce a coil pack and a ecu? be a waste to let it go just for that.
had a thought, the 1.8 coil pack the same as the xsi? might be a daft question.... but if it is, ive got one kicking about that might still work
I've got a spare coil pack bu I need a ecu.
The rot isn't on the subframe. It's on the body where the subframe mounts. I don't think it should of failed. ( from memory of it) in which case I'm going to under seal it and retest it.

Tbh it's going to cost me a lot to fix. Fortunately I've got 10 working days and we have a 4 day weekend so got time to sort it. I love the car but there has to come a point of stopping!
fair nuff man.
as said, happy to help out if needed. free from sat afternoon.