306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: glowing oil and coolant light.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had the dash out on my Ph1 306 to change the heater matrix. All went reasonably smoothly until I started her up and the oil light and coolant light are glowing dimly. If I pull the hand brake the they get brighter and the fuel gauge stops working. I've also noticed that when I'm waiting for the glow plug light to go out I only have the battery warning light up and no oil light.
Anyone come across this before?
Yeah this seems to be quite a common one. The earth down by the drivers pedal give it a clean up. i suspect it hasnt contacted again properly causing a bad earth. I could be wrong but ive actually seen this one happen beofre
nice one cheers hopefully saves me some time.
So I had a fiddle. It wasn’t anything to do with the Earth by the pedals so I took the clocks out and pulled the plugs. While I was fiddling I managed to blow the fuse for the dash illumination. Because I didn’t have a fuse diagram I just started pulling fuses found a blown one on the top row and replaced it. Tried the lights no luck. However when I turned the key the parking brake light, battery and oil light all came on as they should and the fuel gauge worked. Kept pulling fuses until I found the blown one and changed it and now everything works as it should.