306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: French Car Show 2018 - Donington - 7th & 8th July 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

French Car Show will return to Donington Park Circuit for 2018. Dodgems are in attendance and camping is on site for both Friday and Saturday. Because the show is more central more traders are interested so there should be more stands and stalls than we have previously seen at castle combe. Saturday will have the same 15 minute and 2 hour track sessions. I presume on Sunday there is a VW show on (which is included in our tickets) and the FCS chill out day will take place on the infield. Once again the 306oc will have a stand so get your names down and any track time you may be booking!

For anyone who hasnt been before we all get our names down on the list and then stick BOOKED on the end when youve paid and good to go. There will be another thread for applications to appear on the front row of the stand. No stand allocation as of yet so no idea how many will fit on the front. For anyone going on track please add your track time below so we can try to sort out a stand space where you wont be blocked in. Everyone is friendly at camping and we usually have a burner on the go which we sit around to talk about french metal into the night.

Tickets (TBC - 2017 PRICES BELOW - Tickets not on Sale yet)
Show Day - £20
Weekender - £30
Weekender Camping - £40
Buy Here - https://shop.performancefrenchcars.co.uk...-weekender
Select 306oc as the "parking option" when booking tickets!

Times
Friday - Campsite open from 8pm.
Saturday - 8am Entry for campers. 9am entry for public.
Sunday - 9am chill out day and vw show starts

Track Time [b](TBC - 2017 PRICES BELOW - Tickets not on Sale yet)[/b]
15min Session - 11.45am - 12.00pm (£30)
15min Session - 12.45pm - 1.00pm (£30)
15min Session - 1.15pm - 1.30pm (£30)

Session A - 9.00am - 11.00am (£75)
Session B - 1.30pm - 3.30pm (£75)
Session C - 3.30pm - 5pm (£55)
Passengers or Extra Drivers £10 extra.

Attending
I'm interested do we know what the rules about the DBs

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
(15-01-2018, 06:17 PM)Carlos vinyls Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested do we know what the rules about the DBs

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately theyre pretty strict. There is no noise test before but they do measure you on track. Apparently in multiple places. After being black flagged for being too loud by 0.5DB I worked out that they couldnt possibly have a man with a meter and they were pulling so many cars off it must be automated. There is a camera under the gantry into the starting straight following a corner which you will be coming out of foot to the floor. I believe it pings you, takes a photo and then that gets reported. I let off coming out of the corner until I passed the gantry and I didnt get pinged for the rest of the day! Smile
1. Pebbles167
Camping isnt included with the tickets this year. It needs to be booked direct with the campsite. We had a good time there last year so I cant see too much reason for camping elsewhere. It also means you get to skip the queue into the show!
1. Pebbles167
2. Piggy ....if the 16v hasn't blown up by then.
1. Pebbles167
2. Piggy ....if the 16v hasn't blown up by then.

I won't be going planning on doing a Scottish road trip with the van 

enjoy guys
1. Pebbles167
2. Piggy
3. Orta (Full weekend, PAID) will book camping when everyone has confirmed they're camping
Sorry guys, I always end up being disappointed with the show (although I love camping shenanigans) and it's the week after pugfest so I'm not coming.
Just tried that camping site to see what the cost is and the French car show days are blanked out Undecided
Just booked tickets

1. Pebbles167
2. Piggy
3. Orta (Full weekend, PAID) will book camping when everyone has confirmed they're camping
4. Cho99er5000 PAID show only I’m not going on track this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. Pebbles167
2. Piggy
5. Frosty, Saturday only. PAID
1. Pebbles167
2. Piggy
6.7075sam paid full weekend and track time.
I forgot about this. Can't make it.

Will make efforts for shows next year.
Not many people keen for this this year?
(19-06-2018, 06:44 AM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Not many people keen for this this year?

Too close to Pugfest tbh. 

They should have thought about that. 

Even if I was keen for the shows this year I wouldn't be doing both back to back weekends.
(19-06-2018, 01:40 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-06-2018, 06:44 AM)Frosty Wrote: [ -> ]Not many people keen for this this year?

Too close to Pugfest tbh. 

They should have thought about that. 

Even if I was keen for the shows this year I wouldn't be doing both back to back weekends.

Yeah that is a valid point. Shame the 306s are dying out at these shows.
1. Pebbles167
2. Piggy
6.7075sam paid full weekend and track time.
7. Chris_90 Saturday only paid
bates has the club flags. map is up on fb and we are in the mixed small clubs area which should be fine given the number of cars. We just need to make sure we get to the stand area first in order to get all the cars on display and get the flags out.

Whoever sets the flags up please make sure the bases are filled up properly as we dont want them to fall on any cars!
Has it been confirmed how many cars we have on our stand?